Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGHHHHHH!!! How many times do I have to say it!!!!!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

Don't weedeat the flower beds!!!!!!!!   I have told him time and time again not to!  The high school kid across the street mows my yard for me since I can't do it myself (major allergy issues).  I was in the shower and had no clue he was mowing, usually when I hear him I go out there and remind but I didn't hear him this time because I had all the air conditioners on plus the radio.  When I got out  and walked past the front door and heard him out there I looked out and my flower beds are taken completely down to the dirt.  He just killed about 50 strawberry plants!  UGGHHHHH!  He is supposed to replace them but still its the fact of I have told him multiple times not to touch the flower beds!  UGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! My daughter is gonna be pissed when she sees it later, she helped plant those and she also waters them they are hers more than anything.  She's the reason I decided to plant them because she loves strawberries so freakin much and it costs a fortune to buy them at the store plus I woulod rather know where they come from and know they have no chemicals on them!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 2:32 PM

maybe put a small wire fence in front of them, you know, the decorative ones.

alberns303
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I would be PISSED! Also....I would let him know that the cost to replace them would be coming out of his pay and he could come and plant the replacements.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 2:34 PM

yeah i would make him replace it  --- with plants that are the size of the one he cut... and i would tell him if it happens again i will find someone else to do it.... everyone knows you dont do that!  you weed wack the outside of the flower bed but not the plants in it... if he wants to weed the garden - weed the garden -- dotn just chop it all down.

Kriissii
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:36 PM

shoot...I would try and find somebody else to do my lawn     Maybe i'ts just me but I get super irritated when people don't listen to me then "funk" up my stuff   =]

ECMOM970
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Why continue to let him mow the lawn then? How old is you DD? My son is 13 and he has mowed the lawn since he was about 10! DH has awful allergies - he can't even live without an allergy shot every 2 months --- maybe consider an allergy shot and mow the yard yourself, have your DD do it, or look at hiring someone else!

bupkie
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:37 PM

And a sign, "Please don't pull out my plants, they grow better when you don't pull them out, Thank you "  :)

Quoting teri4lance:

maybe put a small wire fence in front of them, you know, the decorative ones.

Bupkie.....

*** My philosophy on sharing info is that it's just free info (not advice) so please take it or leave it. If it fits great! If not, leave it on the ground and dance on it for fun!!! :) ***dancing

confused0701
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 2:42 PM

My daughter is 5 and her allergies are jsut as bad and she's way to young!  Right now adding allergy shots isn't an option I have enought medical issues going on and I'm not adding to it until they figure out what is currently going on!  As long as I'm careful and avoid my allergens I do good!  And hiring someone else is out of the question there are only 2 other guys around here that do it and they charge 40 bucks and hour I can't afford that!

Quoting ECMOM970:

Why continue to let him mow the lawn then? How old is you DD? My son is 13 and he has mowed the lawn since he was about 10! DH has awful allergies - he can't even live without an allergy shot every 2 months --- maybe consider an allergy shot and mow the yard yourself, have your DD do it, or look at hiring someone else!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)