Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am at the end of my wits! Help please!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:32 PM
  • 19 Replies

Ok so DS is 2 1/2. He has started potty training and it's a slow process but he's doing pretty good with it so far... My problem is I cannot keep him in his diaper at night. He hates wearing it and every morning I wake up to find a pee-soaked kid along with pee-soaked sheets and blankets. I am losing my mind and am SO tired of doing laundry evey single day. I have tried putting it on backwards, duct taping it so he can't rip it (only on the front) and so far it hasn't worked- he always gets out. He knows he's not supposed to do it. In fact, every night when I put him to bed he says, "Don't take diaper off". Does anyone have any advice o help me keep his diaper on?

Thanks!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Give pull-ups a try.  Limit beverages before bedtime. And above all, just breathe!!!

parkerkamismom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Have you thought of Goodnights?  Those slip on like underwear, but there again, if he wants to take them off, he probably can.

haydensmama08
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:34 PM

try pull ups. they look more like big boy underwear. maybe he will leave those on.

aoaks2009
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:35 PM

BUMP!

VirgoMom07
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Tried pull-ups. Doesn't work. :(

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

Give pull-ups a try.  Limit beverages before bedtime. And above all, just breathe!!!

IloveBilly
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:36 PM

You might think Im mean but I have that prob with my 2 year old and I used masking tape! But I put it all the way around 2 or 3 times! I had no choice! It was either that or wash the sheets every single day!!!!!!

shajdinyak
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:36 PM
dont know but my 2 yr old dd always comes to me with a hand of poop so here is a bump for u!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aoaks2009
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:39 PM

I bumped b/c I want to know too. My DS turned two a month ago and he is almost completely PT'd  but he WILL NOT keep a diaper on either...at night or during they day...i dont mind its too much during the day but it sucks waking up to soaked beds and even (like yesterday) he pooped in his bed. He doesnt like pull ups, or the good nights brand of pull ups like look like boxers. Try putting him in zip up footed Pj's (depending on the weather where you live) It's to hot here for those. Good luck!

VirgoMom07
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Omg ew! Luckily I haven't had any problems with poo yet.... *knock on wood*. Lol

Quoting shajdinyak:

dont know but my 2 yr old dd always comes to me with a hand of poop so here is a bump for u!

MOMby19
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:40 PM

i'm on my THRID attempt at potty training ds. first time failed when i went on vacation without him for 4 days. second time failed because we used pull ups (yes... i blame the pull ups for it. he just wouldn't tell us he had to go and he'd pee as soon as we put it on him). this time has been GREAT so far! we started friday. we're skipping over sitting him down to pee.

we are no longer buying pull ups. we told him "no more diapers tomorrow. you're going to potty like papa now." starting the day before. the next day i stood him in the bath tub (some helpful advice from a FB friend because she noticed that my ds didn't like the big, open toilet) so that he could learn how to stand when he pees. the afternoon after that i handed him some cheerios and told him to put them in the toilet and potty on them. i then had him lean over the toilet and hold onto the toilet seat. today we've been working on getting to aim himself. yesterday was only day 2 of his new potty training "session" and he only had 1 accident!!

oh... we got him some Cars stickers cuz he LOVES that movie. i've been cutting down how many times i give them to him after he potties, though, cuz i don't want him to expect a sticker every time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)