Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guess I filled that out for nothing!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:11 PM
  • 8 Replies

I thought census workers were supposed to come to your house if you DIDN'T fill out the census form...I did mine weeks ago. The census worker said that they never received the form and I told him that I filled it out and turned it in weeks ago. He said maybe it got lost in the mail....hmmmm. Anyone else have a visit from a census worker even though you filled yours out?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
misunderstood1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:13 PM

just did today. and i sent it in twice...i think they are just knocking on everyones doors. because when I told her i had done it then she asked for my name. wouldnt you already have that info? but o well. 

SThompson21
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:14 PM

no but a census worker called me last night to get my info over the phone again.

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on May. 24, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Yes in fact I started a post about this very thing a couple of weeks ago.  The day she came I was in the middle of a phone call with my Dad in regard to my grandfather who was in the hospital and not doing good and at the same time my dh was on the cell phone with my BIL in regard to my MIL who was also in the hospital. 

I was upset and she looked at me and said...Oh you don't care about the funding for your area.  I just looked at her and told her if she came back later I would answer her questions even though I sent it in the day after I recieved it.  I told her that it was not a good time...

gulfcoastmom4
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:17 PM

no

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Not yet and hopefully not ever. I sent the thing in.

bubbasmom0917
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:21 PM

yesterday i did and good heavens it was Sunday!!!! you don't come to my house on Sunday and ask me questions and expect me to be nice!!!!! i answered the questions for her and let her go. you don't do this on a Sunday. the dumbest thing she asked was what my race was. really? have you seen anyone else whitter than i?

Kharma25
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Don't be so hard on them.  They're just doing their job.  And honestly, the mail system sucks and loses a LOT of mail.

Susan262
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I sent mine in.  Haven't heard anything from them.  They were on my street last week trying to get ahold of my neigbor who refuses to give out any informaton.  And exlained to my hubby, who was outside, that the state gets 1400.00 for each person.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)