Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know what to do...Long

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:17 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm at a loss right now. IDK what's going on with my marriage. We're 13 hours away from each other. i'm a nanny and working for my parents as their nanny, and he's going out of town frequently with the military, so we felt, with me pregnant, it would be best for me to stay with family. gives me something to do, and helps keep my mind off being alone.

he was in key west this weekend. we barely got to speak. Its only been a week since he left, but i need him so much. i'm having such a hard time being alone. i miss him dearly, it seems like this voluntary time apart is harder than when we had no choice and he would be gone with the military. So last night, he went out on the town. Promised to talk to me. And when i called, excited that he could talk without going to bed, he was ticked at me. Kept arguing that i only wanted to talk to him when he was out on town, regardless of the fact that i frequently called him. Then he turned into a major jerk and started yelling at me andd being rude. When he got on the bus to go home, (at 2am) he was screaming at me "SHUT THE F UP" over and over again. I spent all night bawling my eyes out, unable to stop. I finally passed out at 4am, after he sent me a text at 3 saying "im so sorry baby, i really love you". Thats when he was in his hotel room.

it seems like he is Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Sweet when he's alone, but around the guys he's insane. Always being mean and hateful. And Idk how much more I can take. Im scared out of my mind that I married the wrong man, that i made the wrong choice. And now I'm here, bringing another life into this world with a man I don't know anymore.

Idk why im posting. maybe for advice, but i just needed this off my chest...

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sati769leigh
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:19 PM

group hugoh honey i dont have any advice. i just dont know. it not good for married couples to live apart.

activitymode
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Sorry you are going through this.  How old is he cause he doesn't sound very mature.

toadysmommy09
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:24 PM

he's 23. we've never had a problem like this. idk whats going on

toadysmommy09
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:33 PM

BUMP!

JMVITT
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:41 PM

I dont know what to tell you.  I can't live apart from my Husband.  Last year I had to stay in town at my mom's while she was in another state.  I saw him 2 times during that week and if I hadn't I would have been a mess.  I don't know how you Military wives do it, I honestly don't.  I hope things look up for you soon.  He could be just under a lot of stress during the day and when he is out on the town, it's his time to relax but I am not a man and don't know what they are thinking sometimes.

toadysmommy09
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:45 PM

thanks, idk what happened, cuz all day he was talking about how excited he was to be able to talk to me..

Quoting JMVITT:

I dont know what to tell you.  I can't live apart from my Husband.  Last year I had to stay in town at my mom's while she was in another state.  I saw him 2 times during that week and if I hadn't I would have been a mess.  I don't know how you Military wives do it, I honestly don't.  I hope things look up for you soon.  He could be just under a lot of stress during the day and when he is out on the town, it's his time to relax but I am not a man and don't know what they are thinking sometimes.

MOMby19
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:50 PM

SO can be a jerk around certain people. ESPECIALLY his father and brothers. it's almost like he has feel like he's in control over me (the way his father is with women and the way his brothers think relationships should work). we've had a couple talks about it and i told him that he feels the need to treat me that way EVER again i'll be feeling the need to pack up and go somewhere i won't be treated like that. he wised up REALLY fast. now if i notice him starting to slip into that pattern i remind him that i'm not his bitch and he needs to stop treating me like it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)