Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband beats living s*it out of rapist..gets arrested *updated*

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:45 PM
  • 48 Replies

I'm mobile or I'd paste the link

Two men -- including the husband of a woman police said was raped -- beat the suspect so badly that the man was taken to a hospital with serious injuries, Issaquah police told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News.

Police said officers arrived at a home in the 400 block of Northeast Birch Street in Issaquah early Sunday morning and found a woman and three men. One of the men was unconscious and bleeding from the head. The woman told police she was raped by the injured man, a 31-year-old from Kirkland. Police said he was beaten by the two other men, one of whom is the victim's husband.

The injured man was taken by ambulance to Harborview Medical Center with what police called "serious" injuries. Police told KIRO 7 the two assault suspects were not in the house at the time of the alleged rape, but arrived soon after that and then beat the rape suspect.

The husband, a 31-year old from Renton, and the other man, a 30-year-old from Issaquah, were arrested on suspicion of assault and taken to the King County Jail. Police said the four people involved all knew each other. Story posted 2010.05.24 at 09:21 AM PDT

UPDATE- More updated version of what happened

ISSAQUAH, Wash. -- A man accused of rape is in a coma after he was beaten by the victim's husband and a friend, Issaquah police said.

Police said officers arrived at a home in the 400 block of Northeast Birch Street in Issaquah early Sunday morning and found a woman and three men. One of the men was unconscious and bleeding from the head.

The woman told police she was raped by the injured man, a 31-year-old from Kirkland.

Police said he was beaten by the two other men, one of whom is the victim's husband. The injured man was taken by ambulance to Harborview Medical Center and remains in a coma, police said.

Witnesses told KIRO 7 reporter Gary Horcher that the woman was walking home from a nearby bar around 2 a.m. and was followed by the 31-year-old man.

Witnesses said the man came into the home while the woman’s husband and his friends were leaving a bar.

After the alleged sexual assault, the woman called her husband, police said.

“He was informed that his wife had been raped and he ran home to go to her aid. Meanwhile, 911 was called by other people," said defense attorney John Henry Browne.

Browne said the woman’s husband ran into the home and he saw the alleged rapist fighting with one of the husband's friends, so he joined the fight and both men beat the suspect into unconsciousness.

According to court documents, the two men did the beating with a rubber mallet and with a brick.

Browne said the woman’s husband was not beating the man in retaliation for the rape.

“Things were happening way too fast. He walked in and there was a fight going on, and he intervened in the fight to help his friend," Browne said.

The husband, a 31-year old from Renton, and the other man, a 30-year-old from Issaquah, were arrested on suspicion of assault and taken to the King County Jail.

They appeared before a judge on Monday and are expected to bail out of jail.

Browne said the alleged rape victim is going to the hospital to be treated and have evidence gathered for the rape.

“The police informed her not to go to the sexual assault center for an exam. They have just today (Monday) told her ‘Oh gee, maybe you should’ so she is going to be doing that today." Browne said.

Police have not been able to talk to the 31-year-old Kirkland man accused in the rape because he has not come out of the coma, police said.

Police said the two men arrested for beating the man both knew him.

None of the four people involved lived at the house, they were all visitors.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janessa27
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 3:46 PM

WOW! I have to say though.... my DF and my dad would do the same thing!

Janessa-2.jpg picture by jess27_08

Tracyrae
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:47 PM

yeah I can totally understand how he must feel but as much as it sucks you can't take the law in your own hands....    (btw, I WOULD have done the same if I were him)

PTBAAMom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:48 PM

she could have been having an affair and just said that

Sparkle2000
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:48 PM

yup. If she truly was raped (I havent read the article) then the bastard got what was coming to him!

Quoting janessa27:

WOW! I have to say though.... my DF and my dad would do the same thing!

LostInnocence
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:49 PM

He should not have got arrested for that....

crazyangel_52

well the sob got what he deserved.lol her husband shouldn't have gone to jail over it.

Just_Bethy

I am glad they were arrested....I hope the rapist is also arrested....There are laws in place for a reason ...we are meant to be a civilisation..civilised!!...Taking the law into your own hands is never a good idea...WHAT IF...she lied???.....they might have killed him...Prove it..then stick him in jail!.  If everyone did that...Can you imagine what the world would be like?? Terrifying....

toadysmommy09

well, thats what happens when you break the law. You can't take justice into your own hands.

TBRaysFan

I would say the man is lucky he isn't dead. He had no right to rape her and I can completely understand why her husband would beat him.

activitymode
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:50 PM

hmmmm sounds kinda fishy... I suspect there is more to it involving drugs or alcohol or both..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)