Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All Four Seasons...

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:58 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: How's your forecast for the next few days?

Options:

We have a different season daily/weekly

Summery--Hot & humid

Springy-Warm and temperate

Cool & wet

Colder than a polar bear's paw

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

Apparently, in Nebraska, you can have all four seasons in one week.  Dubious Distinction...

The second week of May, we had an overnight low of 34, that's right, frost on the ground & windshields. 

The winds were  hellacious, and over the next few days, we had our Spring Rains, and rains and rains...

Then Autumn windiness, and some Autumn rains and rains & rains. 

The past 3 days it's been hotter than a 2 dollar pistol--90 degrees and sunny.  Yay. To stay?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 4:05 PM

BUMP!

pasteeater
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:07 PM

I live in the desert and yesterday it snowed, rained and then was sunny!  It's susposed to be ninety today.  Kinda freaks me out.  It's almost always windy here.  One of my trees, actually my only tree snapped in half.  We usually have two climates.  Hot and OMFG IT IS DAMN HOT!  That's about it.  LOL  Yesterday was WEIRD!

Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 4:07 PM

It's hot here!

mitch576
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:09 PM

sounds like new england.. though this week it's suppose to be nice so we will see. i have the a.c. on right now because it's rather warm and stuffy out.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

OWNER OF "THE ORIGINAL 30 AND BEYOND GROUP"   ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS
come check out "the cafe" at cafe mom!!!! 

Join us at The Cafe - - Cafe Group Mod

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Quoting pasteeater:

I live in the desert and yesterday it snowed, rained and then was sunny!  It's susposed to be ninety today.  Kinda freaks me out.  It's almost always windy here.  One of my trees, actually my only tree snapped in half.  We usually have two climates.  Hot and OMFG IT IS DAMN HOT!  That's about it.  LOL  Yesterday was WEIRD!

That is weird. It's windy as all get out here too. Thankfully, our snow days are behind us(knock on wood).  If I never see snow again, it won't be long enough.

cowboygal
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Saturday it snowed. Yesterday was 55. Today high is 36 and we have had snow and rain. It is windy as heck. Tonight we drop to 28 and tomorrow it is more of the same. Wed we might get into the low 60s.  We have the heat on at night in the kids room still. Today they wore gloves to school.

This signature is very tall. Try to keep it shorter than this green section.
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Zoiks!  Where do you live?  We were madder than a wet hen Mother's Day weekend when it was only 50 or so.  I feel for ya!

Quoting cowboygal:

Saturday it snowed. Yesterday was 55. Today high is 36 and we have had snow and rain. It is windy as heck. Tonight we drop to 28 and tomorrow it is more of the same. Wed we might get into the low 60s.  We have the heat on at night in the kids room still. Today they wore gloves to school.

Cearley_est_02
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:51 PM

I live in Georgia and it gets hot around april /may and doesnt cool off untill october mid november then it stays freezing! lol.. but april I think is our crazy month it will be high 70's one day and the next it was snowing literally! lol.. then it would be warm again! crazy!

cowboygal
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2010 at 5:34 PM

We live in Wyoming. We had 6 inches fall May 12. Oh well. In two weeks I am going to be wanting to come back to my cool weather and no humidity. Michigan is going to suck. At least my parents have central air.

Quoting ninipanini:

Zoiks!  Where do you live?  We were madder than a wet hen Mother's Day weekend when it was only 50 or so.  I feel for ya!

Quoting cowboygal:

This signature is very tall. Try to keep it shorter than this green section.
25beengoodtome
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Sunny   Perfect! we're expected to have temps in hi 70's, low 80's, dry & breezy all week.  

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and LOVING CM!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)