Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long???? TMI

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:59 PM
  • 20 Replies

sorry for the tmi...

how long after a vaginal delivery does it hurt to go #2??  i had my baby on the 15th...and every time i go in to go...i push a little and as soon as i "start making progress" it hurts so bad in my bum area and in my stomach i have to stop and i end up taking a stool softener. which i hate cuz it gives me the "omg i gotta go RIGHT NOW!" #2's for the next day or so...

is this normal???? when will the pain go away?? 

by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 4:04 PM

it took a while for me. it hurt so bad! and i was so constipated. i used to put vaseline on my around the butthole area to try and lubricate the poop coming out. TMI? lol sorry but it worked. i think it was about a week or 2 after i gave birth that i finally got the sucker out lol i couldn't believe the size of that thing .. TMI again? =)

beckygeiger
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:05 PM

get yourself some stool softeners it will really help

sstepph
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Oh my the 1st time I went #2 after having DS vaginally I bawled, seriously! I also used a little bit of lube because I didn't know what else to do... and as weird as it sounds i tried to stop for a moment after everytime i pushed so it would come out smaller.. i know way TMI but I swear everyone goes through this. I tore as well and had 3-4 stiches. Def. use some warm water in a squirt bottle afterwards to clean everything up.. it will make it kinda feel better too.

Also, you can take senekot, at like 8pm and the next morning I swear my 7am you will go and it will be softer.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 4:09 PM

stool softeners never worked for me. Mr. Hankey (south park) just didn't want to come out lol

Quoting beckygeiger:

mommytobe090610
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Did you not read the post?

Quoting beckygeiger:

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 4:10 PM

i had stitches too. the squirt bottle and warm water definitely helped!

Quoting sstepph:

Oh my the 1st time I went #2 after having DS vaginally I bawled, seriously! I also used a little bit of lube because I didn't know what else to do... and as weird as it sounds i tried to stop for a moment after everytime i pushed so it would come out smaller.. i know way TMI but I swear everyone goes through this. I tore as well and had 3-4 stiches. Def. use some warm water in a squirt bottle afterwards to clean everything up.. it will make it kinda feel better too.

Also, you can take senekot, at like 8pm and the next morning I swear my 7am you will go and it will be softer.

preemiemommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:14 PM

that makes it noy hurt to pee...helped that alot...but does nothing for #2 

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

i had stitches too. the squirt bottle and warm water definitely helped!

Quoting sstepph:

preemiemommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:18 PM

lol 

Quoting mommytobe090610:

Did you not read the post?

Quoting beckygeiger:

25beengoodtome
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

it took a while for me. it hurt so bad! and i was so constipated. i used to put vaseline on my around the butthole area to try and lubricate the poop coming out. TMI? lol sorry but it worked. i think it was about a week or 2 after i gave birth that i finally got the sucker out lol i couldn't believe the size of that thing .. TMI again? =)

I used to be a nurses aid, worked on the OB/GYN floor, every mom had do do a #2 before she could go home., just to be sure everything was functioning OK.

~Marie - I'm Absolutely ADDICTED TO CAFEMOM - and LOVING CM!!
MrsReed09
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:22 PM

This may be TMI, but worked for me. I'm still a bit sore, but not having to do all this... I delivered vaginaly on the 8th. I took 1 stool softener at night before bed like every other day or so. At night I would take a T3 and during the day I would take a Motrin that my Dr gave me so I had pain reliever in me. Get some Preperation H or Tucks and apply it and it will help ease the pain. The box will give you more details so I don't give TMI. Tucks worked for me.

EDIT: Witch Hazel pads work well too. I put mine in the fridge. The cold is soothing.

Sorry about TMI!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)