Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I want a child with autism"

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:16 PM
  • 139 Replies

This is what my friend just told  me. We were talking on the phone and she was saying how she just found out she was pregnant, of course I congratulated her, and she said " yeah I home this baby has autism." you what? " well I see all of these moms whose kids have autism and stuff like that, getting all this attention, so I hope he at least has SOMETHING like that" 

I hung up on her...

What do you think.. What would you have said?.. I know I shouldn't have hung up on her or whatever, but I couldn't believe she said that...

ETA

I didn't post this for drama like a few of you are thinking. I am just as shocked as the next person as to why she would say something like this! 

Also, She is 23, like me, we have been friends since we were age 4. This will be her 1st child.. I never in a million years would think she of all people would say something like this... \

That's why I decided to post it, to see what other mamas would think.. I want to slap her so hard, and my kids do not have any delay problems...

by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LostInnocence
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Is this for real, or is this some kind of joke? If it is for real your friend needs mental help...

thatgirl70
by Carin on May. 24, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Your friend is mental.

Just_Bethy

As the mother of a child with Autism...I have to say...your friend is a looney!...To wish a disability on a child ....I don't know...what a mental case!

kammysmom

omg really?? why would you want to have a child just to bring yourself attention? that is just sick...i would have hung up too..

mommy.of.3.boys
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Quoting Just_Bethy:

As the mother of a child with Autism...I have to say...your friend is a looney!...To wish a disability on a child ....I don't know...what a mental case!

Procrastination is like masturbation. It's all good until you realize you just fucked yourself.
mobilemom0608

Quoting LostInnocence:

Is this for real, or is this some kind of joke? If it is for real your friend needs mental help...

Definitely real...

Kikesama

She shouldn't be allowed to have children..

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 4:18 PM

i think iwould have told her that was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard in person. then I would have hung up on her.

CosmicPossum

Your friend sounds like the idiot queen.  I'm sure once she found out how much hard work and sacrifice goes into raising a child with ANY disability she might not think it was so glamorous.  Anyone who needs attention that badly prolly doesn't need kids.

Hanging up on her was fine!

sati769leigh

GOOD GOD she wishes AUTISM on her own child? what a selfish piece of SHIT MOM she is gonna be

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)