Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i really need to vent

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:17 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have been waiting since march on my fs... I finally got a letter saying we are approved... great im glad...but they were supposed to be here saturday... didnt come... so I checked the mail today... still not here... its becoming increasingly harder to pay my bills and put food in the house... I have to pay my electricity with the full paycheck df just sent in the mail but I also need food for the house.... his entire paycheck isnt going to p ay the electricity ... Im so upset I have no idea what to do.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dolphinhj
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Can you go to a local food bank or church?  They will help with food until you get your fs.

CosmicPossum
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:26 PM

If you've been waiting since March then you really should have them by now.  In my state they have 30 days from the day of your application to make a decision.  After you are approved it shouldn't take very long to get them.  I would call the local office and ask to speak to the caseworker.  It's almost June and you should have had them before now.

MOMby19
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:26 PM

oh my gosh! i would be calling the office and asking what the hell is going on with them.

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on May. 24, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Pay part of the electric bill and use some of the money to buy food. 

lex07
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Call the office and see whats goin on. Good Luck Mama!!

i.heart.rachel
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Where do you live?

sunshine21pa
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Call the electric company and see if you can pay half of it..and def call and find out where your FS are because that is along time!!! Maybe try a food bank in your area too! Goodluck!

i.heart.rachel
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:42 PM

BUMP!

theycallmemom4
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Can you call and ask them what's going on? Maybe the mailman put them in the wrong mailbox and they got returned. Good luck...Oh and I agree with calling the Electric company as well.

mommymandaleigh
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:45 PM

I would be giving them a call to see what the hold up is and GL I hope you get things all worked out !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)