Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is she Ok??

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:30 PM
  • 12 Replies

DD is 17 months old and I had a Doctor appt. today so she had to stay up and miss her normal naptime which is 10am (she wakes up at 6am) so she didnt get to go down for her nap until 12:50 and she just woke up at after 2 hours and was crying all upset when she woke up..as soon as I got her out of the crib she just started bawling and walking around the house crying and crying..she seems like shes either upset or in pain..Should I be concerned about something else or is it just because she went down late for nap time???

by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MOMby19
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:31 PM

did she get shots today? does she have a fever? she could just still be tired. or she's hungry.

kiernansmom08

Did she get shots?  My dd has a fussy day after getting her shots.  Plus it could just be that her day is all thrown off, toddlers love their schedules.

christiea
It could be because she didn't lay down at her normal time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wistful
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:32 PM

She might be overly tired. Just do relaxing things with her and put her to bed at her normal time.

theycallmemom4
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:32 PM

She could just be off from her normal schedule and cranky from it. Is she tugging at her ears?

jcsg
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Sounds like she is just off her routine.  Make sure there isn't anything physically wrong (fever, diaper, hungry....)  And she may just want to be cuddled for a little bit. 

MamaBear2cubs

My son does that when his schedule is off, either his nap time was changed, he woke up to late or too early. He usually adjusts and calms down after about 10 minutes.

newmom28

I have no idea, here's a bump!

Italiancouture7

No the appt. was for me and I also checked for a fever...but I think it could be her teething..so I was thinking of maybe giving her some advil..But I hate to give it to her if she doesnt need it...Im thinking its just being overtired..she NEVER misses naptime..I keep her on the same schedule every day

PTBAAMom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:34 PM

teething?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)