Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daddy drama

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:32 PM
  • 43 Replies

Poll

Question: My son's dad left me when i was pregnant now after 6 years he wants to be dad what should i do !!! HE HAS NEVER SEEN MY SON AND OWES BACK CHILD SUPPORT

Options:

yes let him be dad

No he walked out

MAYBE

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 87

View Results

i need help 

A little history Dad and I dated for 2 years before i got prego. he started seeing another female while we were still together .i got prego then she got prego she lost her baby and came after me tried to kill me & baby (hit in run) and stocked me. Daddy found out but still stayed with her they had another child and got married then divorced.I have not seen or talked to him since march 2004

then out of the blue on my son's birthday last week he emailed me asking to talk about my son and could he be daddy

I showed a picture to my son saying this is your dad and would you ever like to meet him he said maybe but he got scared and started to cry so i changed the subject.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojomommy
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2010 at 4:33 PM

BUMP!

MamatoNandB
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:33 PM

You'd probably get more opinions and help if you hadn't made a false title. I'm not trying to be bitchy, just honest. I don't know what I would do.. it would depend on the situation. If he's a decent man, then I'd let him see my son. If not, hell no!

Carah 

"Words are like guns when you shoot them off"- Tori Amos

lex07
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Wow, no advice, but heres a bump! Good Luck!

christiea
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:34 PM
If he pays his back suppourt and also comes to a agreement on visits before he takes him off places with you or someone else there I would let him have a part in his life
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojomommy
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Quoting MamatoNandB:

You'd probably get more opinions and help if you hadn't made a false title. I'm not trying to be bitchy, just honest. I don't know what I would do.. it would depend on the situation. If he's a decent man, then I'd let him see my son. If not, hell no!

thanks i had another title and no one gave it the time of day

armywife2009101
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:35 PM

I would let him. Better late then never, besides every boy needs a daddy.

mommymandaleigh

I would let him know he needs to catch up on child support and then he can see your child with you there, and if he still continues to show he wants to be a father then move forward slowly ! Never deny him because that could lead to your son resenting you, I know he wasn't there but if he wants to be now and is willing to help support him I think he deserves the chance !!! GL momma

babysyoungmom1

BUMP!

TBRaysFan

I guess this would depend on what type of person he is.

I might give him a chance depending on that.

clhelms
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Does he have visitation rights?  If so back C/S or not you need to abide by that Order.  If not, than that is your choice and you can allow him to bring the matter before the Court which he very well may do.  Do you have an Order for the back C/S, is he attempting to catch up or has he just not paid in years and years?  If not you can take that matter before the Court and he could be held in contempt and recieve jail time/lose his liscense/etc. 

No matter what you decide he is your child's father and has a right to a relationship with him.  If he isn't a threat you shouldn't stand in the way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)