Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ex-smokers HELP!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:38 PM
  • 25 Replies

My husband is making an effort to quit smoking and i'm trying to find ways to help him.

How did you quit?

What helps for cravings?

Any advice?

Please help me to help him!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VJennyLynnS
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:42 PM

BUMP!

mommy492006
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:43 PM

my husband finally quit by using those electric cigarettes. And he put a punching bag up for when he was on edge. ANd he didn't drink while he was trying to quit.

beckygeiger
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:47 PM

I quit in 2003, cold turkey no gum or patches or anything, I just ate alot of lollipops, when i wanted to smoke I had a lollipop instead

VJennyLynnS
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:48 PM

we may need to look into those electric cigarettes.. ive heard about them but didnt know if they worked or not.. maybe he will try it. thank you!

Quoting mommy492006:

my husband finally quit by using those electric cigarettes. And he put a punching bag up for when he was on edge. ANd he didn't drink while he was trying to quit.

southernjess3
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:48 PM

eat. eat like your freaking starving. lol

stefvan
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:50 PM

My dad kept a pocket full of hard candy and sucked on a piece when he wanted to smoke.  That was over 35 years ago.

kiralyn
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:50 PM

I used the lozenges for about 5 days. I don't consider myself an "ex-smoker" yet..but it has been 16 days since I've smoked and I feel really good. I don't have strong cravings, and I don't use the lozenges anymore. The only time I want to smoke now, is when I am in social settings that I am used to smoking in.

mommy492006
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:51 PM

yeah and they dont smell bad like ciggs they smell like someone made smores

Quoting VJennyLynnS:

we may need to look into those electric cigarettes.. ive heard about them but didnt know if they worked or not.. maybe he will try it. thank you!

Quoting mommy492006:

wedding website
dabahmmom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I quit 2 1/2 yrs ago using chantix.  I did not have any cravings .  But hard candy is good and I would brush my teeth alot  when I first quit.  It is what I did after each meal instead of smoke.  That was the worse time for me.

VJennyLynnS
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:54 PM

That sounds like a good idea. He's trying to lose weight with me now though so i'm not sure if he will go for it. I told him u wanna lose weight and quit smoking right? well everytime you want a cigarette do at least 20 situps and 15 pushups and then if you still want the cigarette you can have it. He tried it for awhile but gave up because he can't do situps and pushups while at work when he wants to smoke so it didn't work out too well..

I will suggest the lollipops though.

Quoting beckygeiger:

I quit in 2003, cold turkey no gum or patches or anything, I just ate alot of lollipops, when i wanted to smoke I had a lollipop instead

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)