Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 day shred VS P90X

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:56 PM
  • 20 Replies

Have you tried either or both. Which did you prefer. Please share your success or failure stories here. I'm debating which to try.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abjones00
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:02 PM

BUMP!

im23vaughn
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Tried p90x it's okay. Did it for a week. LOL I have restarted again (yest) so here I go. The workouts are hard. i think if I stuck with it I could lose weight. But the workouts are 1hr long 6 days a week and if you aren't already working out everyday a week it's hard to do it.

SunnyBaby
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:08 PM

I am doing the P90X . I don't even know what the 30 day shred is so I can't see which is better. I am loving the P90X, though.

abjones00
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I know people in here have tried the 30 day shred... come on ladies spill... what did you like, what did you dislike, successful?

jess_diva
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Here is a bump, I am interested in knowing as well.

abjones00
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:22 PM

BUMP!

jayde1229
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:24 PM

i bought the 30 day shred and did it once.  i was sore though.  i plan to start again soon.  i like it because its quick.  i didnt know the p9ox was an hour but i couldnt make that work.  the shred is about 30 min with warm up and cool down and has three stages so you can progress

abjones00
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Is it just a DVD workout you do at home??

Quoting jayde1229:

i bought the 30 day shred and did it once.  i was sore though.  i plan to start again soon.  i like it because its quick.  i didnt know the p9ox was an hour but i couldnt make that work.  the shred is about 30 min with warm up and cool down and has three stages so you can progress

reelo
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:29 PM

I like Shred over P90x, some of it is the time-- I can always find the time for half an hour (If I have more time I'll add in some pilates or something).  The Shred vidoes are easier for me to follow as well.  However the downside to Shred is it is eventually you get used to it so you have to take a break or add more but I would imagine p90x would be the same after time.

dbldogdare
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:30 PM

30 day shred got me ready for p90x. P90X is the bomb. I'm starting week 12 still sore from the last week 11 workout. If you are really serious about getting in shape it will do it. If you hate working out and are going to quit if its too hard then go with 30 day shred. Its a good workout but for it to really work like its supposed to I think you are supposed to do additional cardio and follow her diet plan. Watch out for that though because if you do her diet plan word for word its only like 1000 calories and you should be getting at least 1500 I think (depends on your size). Its been a few months since I read the book though so I may be wrong on parts of that. Have fun!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)