Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to kick a craving???

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:58 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok, ladies, share your tips, how do you kick a craving for candy?!!!?? This has been my biggest fail in life...

My parents always let me have some type of candy after lunch and dinner, and guess what?! Now I don't feel satisfied with my meals until I eat some candy...I WANT to kick this habbit, but it is bigger than me. I think if I could kick my candy and soda habit (soda is a bit easier) then I would be on the more successful path to weight loss. :(

HELP!!! And no eating something sweet like fruit doesn't help at all, Ive tried.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
trist22
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Chew a piece of sugarfree gum ( with Xylitol).. not only will it help curb the "sweet" craving the Xylitol ( sp) has been proven to help fight cavities!!  

anikahaynes1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Quoting trist22:

Chew a piece of sugarfree gum ( with Xylitol).. not only will it help curb the "sweet" craving the Xylitol ( sp) has been proven to help fight cavities!!  

Nice...I will have to try, I suppose buying a 5 pack of gum is far cheaper than what we spend on sweets a month. It's worth a try. Thank you. :)

trist22
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Your welcome. Here's another idea.... don't buy any Candy/Chocolate etc. and keep it at your house. If you have to drive to get a candy bar/etc. you might change your mind and realize it isn't worth it.. but if you really "want it" let yourself have something small like 3 hershey kisses...   I have chocolate cravings and I have found that the "Smart ones" desserts make DELICIOUS chocolate cakes ( and other desserts!) Also the Skinny Cow Ice cream bars are low-cal and delicious!

anikahaynes1
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Quoting trist22:

Your welcome. Here's another idea.... don't buy any Candy/Chocolate etc. and keep it at your house. If you have to drive to get a candy bar/etc. you might change your mind and realize it isn't worth it.. but if you really "want it" let yourself have something small like 3 hershey kisses...   I have chocolate cravings and I have found that the "Smart ones" desserts make DELICIOUS chocolate cakes ( and other desserts!) Also the Skinny Cow Ice cream bars are low-cal and delicious!

Thanks for the tips...and we just ran our of our candy stash here at home...which is probably why it's bugging me so much, it was like going cold turkey...I'll have to try the smart ones, ive had a few before thanks to my mom, but never actually bought them. Maybe that will help? Who knows, but I do know that I need to lose like 30 pounds!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)