Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blurred and Spotty Vision while pregnant...? added

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:03 PM
  • 27 Replies

What could cause blurred and spotty vision while pregnant? I have been having this happen a lot lately. Sometimes, it is just for 30 minutes other times it can last for a couple of hours.

Edit:

Since about 6, I've had a headache that won't go away. Oh goodness.

Question:

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow. Would it be alright to wait until then?

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShawnaH2005
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Have you had your blood pressure checked? I think that could be a sign of preclampsia

PTBAAMom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:05 PM

callyour doctor...could be a symptom of preclampsia

jillbailey26
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Do you get a headache or anything else when it happens?

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

briana_paige
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:07 PM

I get it checked each time I go to the OB. I have an appointment tomorrow. What does preclampsia do exactly?

Quoting ShawnaH2005:

Have you had your blood pressure checked? I think that could be a sign of preclampsia

briana_paige
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:07 PM

No, I don't.

Quoting jillbailey26:

Do you get a headache or anything else when it happens?

nbr1sahm
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:08 PM

How far along are you? It's probably your Blood Pressure. Call your doctor ASAP...or go to urgent care. Not something to play around with. Mine got so high while preggers with DD that I almost stroked out... and the blurred spotty vision is a key sign of having preeclampsia

ShawnaH2005
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:09 PM

It causes unexplained high blood pressure. The only cure is delivering the baby. How far along are you?

Never mind...i saw your ticker:)

Quoting briana_paige:

I get it checked each time I go to the OB. I have an appointment tomorrow. What does preclampsia do exactly?

Quoting ShawnaH2005:

PeytonDylansmom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:09 PM

If you have blurry or spotted vision on a regular basis I would call your doctor right now! It could be hypertension or preeclampsia and it is very serious for you and the baby.

pochaccotx
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 5:09 PM

I got that a few days ago and it would be followed by a headache. my blood pressure was fine but my blood sugar was 134 so in a few days I'll be calling my dr and requesting a glucose test when I come in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)