Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning Carseat Covers

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:05 PM
  • 4 Replies

How often do you do it?? Do you do it only when there's an accident or a spill, or do you do it on a regular basis?  How often SHOULD it be cleaned, and do you do it as often as you think you should?

Join us if you want to connect with other SAHMs, make REAL friends, vent, and share the love of being able to stay at home with your children.  Come get ideas on what to do with your kiddos, and other things around the house.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
momma2b2008
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:09 PM

I clean mine when there's an accident or a major spill that i can clean with a towel, or when it starts to look dirty!!! No I don't think I clean mine as often as I do. It needs to be cleaned as I'm typing but its such a hassle. Because with mine you can't dry it in the dryer, but I do mine anyways, just on low heat. So it takes forever. So we can't do anything that day that involves driving any where!

alishabear0808
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I wash my dd's as needed...

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 5:14 PM

You're actually not supposed to put them in the dryer at all, even on low heat.

I clean mine whenever they look dirty, or if there's a huge spill/accident. My two son's carseats are only 6 months old and they've never been washed (I have wiped the baby's down a couple times though). And my oldest's car seat is 18 months old and has been washed maybe 3 or 4 times? But we don't drive very often. Usually the worst thing is crumbs so I just vaccuum them every couple weeks or so.

Quoting momma2b2008:

I clean mine when there's an accident or a major spill that i can clean with a towel, or when it starts to look dirty!!! No I don't think I clean mine as often as I do. It needs to be cleaned as I'm typing but its such a hassle. Because with mine you can't dry it in the dryer, but I do mine anyways, just on low heat. So it takes forever. So we can't do anything that day that involves driving any where!

AudlyLuvly
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:09 PM

I just took my daughter's off and washed it.  She got carsick, and so it HAD to be done.. i don't ever remember cleaning it before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)