Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

doesnt email count as contact?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:16 PM
  • 11 Replies

My bff has a restraining order against her ex BF she is pregnant with his child and found out he has been using drugs so she told him it was over and he needed to leave her alone. She just needed some time and had no intention of keeping his kid from him (as long as he was clean)  until he started harassing her doing things like leaving things on her porch and in her call calling texting and emailing threatening things all hours of the day and night and bad mouthing her to anyone that would listen. She told him numerous times to leave her alone and if there was something to tell about the baby she would let him know. Finally she got a restraining order and he has continued to e mail her all the time calling her a liar and telling her "I'll see you soon" and "you cant keep my baby from me" and other weird stuff she is keeping all the emails but has not called the sheriff about them i think she should he's harassing her if nothing more and the times he has left stuff at her house or in her car it was just a few mins after she got home. She would bring the kids in then go back to get stuff from the car and find the stuff he left so I would call that stalking he has no business near her house no reason to be there he lives in the next town over. (Of course she has no proof it's him but it was enough for a judge to give her a restraining order).   I know it's hard for her because he is also her brothers BIL but I'm scared for her what do you think?

Imaddge3.jpg picture by JanieBoBanie

by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamatoNandB
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:18 PM

She needs to report him. That is a direct violation of the restraining order. I hope everything is ok!

Carah 

"Words are like guns when you shoot them off"- Tori Amos

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 5:20 PM

yes as a teacher when i email a parent i have to log in that "contact"  to the system for documentation .... it counts... she should print them all and get him put in jail.

abjones00
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Yes it does and she needs to report him and save ALL emails.

christiea
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:21 PM
Yep still considered contacting hope she is saving everything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Quoting AmaliaD:

yes as a teacher when i email a parent i have to log in that "contact"  to the system for documentation .... it counts... she should print them all and get him put in jail.

THANK YOU!!! that's what I keep telling her. She says she doesn't want to start trouble with her brother and his wife I think her brother will be a better man then that and be on his sisters side as it is her safety that is a concern

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Quoting MamatoNandB:

She needs to report him. That is a direct violation of the restraining order. I hope everything is ok!

You're right, it is a direct violation of the restraining order and he could get arrested for this, if that was me I'd report him right away. 

LCWAmommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Quoting christiea:

Yep still considered contacting hope she is saving everything

she is she prints and saves every one

massteria
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:24 PM

The laws regarding what is considered contact are different in some states.  I would check into it.  I know in Oregon it is only considered contact if the order specifically states it as a prohibited way of contacting the person who got the order...if that makes sense.  Either way, if he is threatening her in the emails she should print them out and turn them in.  Maybe more can be done?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 24, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Does the Restraining Order specify email, 3rd party contact..etc?? In any event she should report this to the police just in case

LCWAmommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Quoting Sassy762:

Does the Restraining Order specify email, 3rd party contact..etc?? In any event she should report this to the police just in case

it says no contact direct or indirect and in one email he said I got our restraining order and will have my lawyer look at it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)