Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

toy story toys/5th b-day

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:12 PM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: which would you get

Options:

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 5

View Results

ds will be 5 in july and i need to order his toys now he wants  toy story toys best place to buy them and does anyone know the differance between these 2 buzz toys? first one is 35 second is 45 i really want to know if it worth the extra 10 bucks? and any game ideas for the party too?

Disney Toy Story Collection Space Ranger Buzz Lightyear is fully poseable with points of articulation including fingers, wrists, elbows, shoulders, waist, ankles, knees and legs! His light-up utility belt is ready for action with voice, light and sound effects. Press the red, round chest button for pop-out wing action and light-up wing tips. Level sensor knows when Buzz is in a horizontal flying position or standing vertically and responds with flying/landing sound effects.
Toy Story Collection Space Ranger Buzz Lightyear:
  • Highly detailed deluxe film replica from the Toy Story series
  • Points of articulation include fingers, wrists, elbows and more
  • Includes light-up utility belt
  • Press emblem for voice, light and sound effects
  • Push red oval chest button for phrases
  • Press blue oval chest button and he responds as "Space Ranger"
  • Pop-out wing action and light-up wing tips
  • Level sensor responds with flying/landing sound effects
  • Open or close helmet for phrases and sounds
  • Soft rubber waist and glow-in-the-dark green trim
  • Includes Toy Story Collection Certificate of Authenticity
  • Over 60 sayings in original voice
  • Approximately 12" tall
  • Includes 3 AA batteries for demonstration. Replace with new batteries (not included)

The Toy Story Blast Off Buzz Lightyear features more than 25 sayings in his original voice. This figure includes a variety of buttons to get Buzz to react. His rocket pack comes ready for action, with wings that pop-out when Buzz wants to take to the air.
Toy Story Blast Off Buzz Lightyear:
  • Highly detailed deluxe film replica from the Toy Story series
  • Rocket pack comes to life with bursts of light and blast off sounds
  • Push red oval chest button for Mission Mode
  • Press the blue/green buttons for phrases from Buzz
  • Press his arm button for light and laser sound effects
  • Press his round chest button for flying mode with pop-out wings
  • Soft rubber waist and glow-in-the-dark green trim
  • Approximately 12" tall with retractable helmet
  • Batteries required

by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matofour
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I don't think he will care, really.

I was at the toy store today...boy, they have TONS of toy story stuff.

Legos, imaginext stuff (way cool), geo trax trains, potato heads, action figures, my little one is going to LOVE it all!

Rychelle
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:18 PM

yeah it honestly really doesnt matter.. he will loove either.. i picked #1 just because it says more things. but really its pretty much the same toy..  why do youhave to order it?? they have these everywhere around here.. check your local target and such before you pay shipping on a toy like this.. hell i have about 6 of themm want me to mail you one lol jk.. but really we have like 6 Buzz light years like that.. they are all the same besides a few small details that we as parents prob notice more than the kids do

kcook55
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Quoting matofour:

I don't think he will care, really.

I was at the toy store today...boy, they have TONS of toy story stuff.

Legos, imaginext stuff (way cool), geo trax trains, potato heads, action figures, my little one is going to LOVE it all!

i'm afraid to get the legos cuz my dd is 2 1/2 and she still puts everything in her month and they share a room. he saw a toy story train legos set

allurasmamma
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:19 PM

bump...no clue.

kcook55
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Quoting Rychelle:

yeah it honestly really doesnt matter.. he will loove either.. i picked #1 just because it says more things. but really its pretty much the same toy..  why do youhave to order it?? they have these everywhere around here.. check your local target and such before you pay shipping on a toy like this.. hell i have about 6 of themm want me to mail you one lol jk.. but really we have like 6 Buzz light years like that.. they are all the same besides a few small details that we as parents prob notice more than the kids do

i have to order it cuz walmart here dont have them and theres no other stores here that sells toys

inm
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Lol, I got my Buzz for $19.  He's neither one of these, he's the old style buzz from Toy Story 1&2, but he's pretty much identical to these.  The only difference is now that they'e come out with Toy Story 3, they discontinued my model so that they can charge $45 for the same toy.  I got mine at Walmart, he says and does the same thing as these two, but he's not the 'Toy Story 3' version.  I'd save yourself some more cash and look for this older version.  My son does not know the difference.  I got the talking Woody for $19 too.  SO two toys for the price of what you're looking to pay for one!

kcook55
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Quoting inm:

Lol, I got my Buzz for $19.  He's neither one of these, he's the old style buzz from Toy Story 1&2, but he's pretty much identical to these.  The only difference is now that they'e come out with Toy Story 3, they discontinued my model so that they can charge $45 for the same toy.  I got mine at Walmart, he says and does the same thing as these two, but he's not the 'Toy Story 3' version.  I'd save yourself some more cash and look for this older version.  My son does not know the difference.  I got the talking Woody for $19 too.  SO two toys for the price of what you're looking to pay for one!

the cheapest one i found that talks is the 35 one and thats at walmart they have some that are 15 i think that dont talk and there soft

Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Kain has  those two, well he has the first one and another very similar to the second.

He loves them both so i guess i cant really say lol. so heres a BUMP!

HE is obssesed with buzz and toystory, thats his room theme and see his shirt in my siggy? hah

this was over christmas and he still talks about it :)

Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Quoting inm:

Kains first buzz was 15! and i paid frekin 40 for his new one. and thier the pretty much the same damn thing but kain had to have it , and i gave in lol

Ajanee12
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Oh and do you have KMART close to you? they have a whole line of the new Toy Story 3 toys too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)