Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anxiety/ panic attack ?? please bump

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:21 PM
  • 7 Replies

it is possible for a child who is 7 to have an anxiety/panic  attack?? my son is 7 and i got a call from the school today and they said he was in the nursing office complaining about having trouble breathing. they check everything and his breathing was at 100% so it wasn't an ashma attack, but she said it sounded like and anixety  attack. my mama has panic attacks and has for years and take meds to control it and i explain it to her and what he told me. i ask him what he was thinking and she said he was in the library reading a book and he started feeling like he couldn't breath and i asked him was he worried about anything and he said after it happen he was worried that he was going to die ( the way my mama feel when she has one) and his chest was hurting and he couldn't breath. so my mama said it sounded like a panic attack to her. so does anyone know if it is possible for a chlid to have panic attack, my mama said she has never heard of a child having them, she was 23 when she had her first.

thanks alot and please bump

by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
meghs822
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:22 PM

i think so... i cant recall any stories to back that up but i have the vague feeling that ive heard of it before

Jsjnowell
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Ive had panic  attacks like that since I can remember... Noone took me seriously for years though.. It is VERY POSSIBLE for him to be experiencing these... Death is a Trigger for me also!

faeryfrog
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Yep, mine started around that age

kissyfur29
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Yes children can have them at that age. You might want to start keeping track of them and then talk to his dr about what to do.

ptowncards05
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:31 PM

I would think its possible, I had my first one when I was in 8th grade

4grlshelp
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:32 PM

yep aounds like a panic attack might want to talk to his doctor about it good luck and keep us posted

AudlyLuvly
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:34 PM

yes, it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)