Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

older mama's please help!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

ok ladies this question is from my mom LOL she is too shy u join so she wanted me to ask.... now my mom is 50 and she is going through pre-menopause... u know she still gets her period but they are becoming irregular and she is getting hot flashes ect. so she wants to know if its normal for a women her age to have a very high sex drive?

Photobucket

by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JenieceMojica
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:50 PM
bump
Just_Bethy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Try joining the 40ish and beyond group..They know lots about it in there...I am 42 but still not in pre-menopause stage yet.... 

cleo1977
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:58 PM

tell your mom i am 51 and c'mon aboard....   i am going through the same thing right now...ya i just had my period for 6 weeks and thankfuly it stopped i dont know if will come again or if thats it....anyway i think its normal for your sex drive to be fluxuating between "horney and and not so horney"any way i am on a group called moms over 40.... there are a few woman that are 50...i will be friends with her...     i myself like talking to the younger moms... i have a 31 yr old dd... i do have a 10 yr old...also....nobody knows what my age is unless they ask or if they have read some of my posts which arent ever about age so tell her just not to say....i just pop into the conversations... well i hope this helps....

cleo1977
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:00 PM

ya its the 40ish and beyond group....

Allstarmomto3
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:02 PM

I'm only 31 so definitely not pre menopausal, but I would think that it would be normal considering it messes with your hormones, just like when you first start and your hormones go crazy. Not sure though.

sati769leigh
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:02 PM

yup, that can happen with the hormone fluctionations

dusky_rose
by Sue on May. 24, 2010 at 7:05 PM

I'm 45 so I don't know yet. I belong to the 40ish and beyond group... if you could ask them they should be able to let you know. What I think is that her hormones are messed up so what is "normal" for one person might not be for the next going through the same symptoms.

Click image above to join Motivate to Get in Shape!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)