Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help! Wanting to send flowers to a funeral home for a friends baby

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:32 PM
  • 11 Replies

A friend of mine just lost her baby girl. She was born at 26 weeks and lived a month. She was doing better so her death came as a big shock. I want to send some flowers to the funeral home or even to her (she lives in another state). What would you suggest? What type of flowers? Is there a website you could recommend? Any other ideas of what I could maybe send?

I know nothing will take her heartache away but I want her to know I care for her and her husband and son so very much.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lexismum03
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:34 PM

I would send anything you feel is right. as for a website FTD Sends the flowers from a local florist so that would probably be a good one. Or google a florist for her area and go that route.

Ziggy-Stardust
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:34 PM

You could call the funeral home and ask for a good florist that is local. Times like these are so hard, I dont know what else you can give her except a shoulder. Im so sorry for the lost.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on May. 24, 2010 at 7:34 PM

When we ever take flowers to our baby girsl grave we take Stargazer lillys or Pink tulips.

tankgirl84
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:35 PM

I have no idea here is a bump for you.

xXxLillithxXx
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I sent a live plant to a woman here on CM once. I figured it would be better than flowers because she could plant it and have something to remember her by or even plant at her graveside. Just an idea.

Mamabear820
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:36 PM

personally would send her flowers for 1 800 flowers because they last the longest and they are all over the place. Any flowers are nice but I personally don't like carnations just because  i think they are cheap but I am sure your friend will appreciate that you thought of her. If you want them at the funeral home you could also call the funeral home that she is having her child go to because they may have specific instructions or a florist you can use. The family might also be asking for a donation to a cause instead of flowers you never know. I would make sure you send her a card so she knows you are thinking of her. I am very sorry for her loss...

Wizard of Oz

simplisity
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:38 PM

idk ((((((hugs)))))) to your friend

JMVITT
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I was going to suggest these as well.  Also, gerber dasies are beautiful.  If you want to send a plant, you can request they put some flowers in the plant as well, when the flowers die, they can just remove them and still have the plant. 

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

When we ever take flowers to our baby girsl grave we take Stargazer lillys or Pink tulips.

chelleybeans
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:45 PM

I think a plant is a wonderful idea and I also appreciate the suggestions of a card and types of flowers! The funeral home istelf has a floral shop I found so I am looking there but nothing I have really liked to send to her, you know? Anyway, thank you so much.

momto3girls0620
by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:46 PM

forget me nots

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)