Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Adoption was finalized today!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:10 PM
  • 28 Replies

I am the proud mommy of a 2 yr old paralyzed Blue and White Pit Bull named Indigo. We were his foster parents first , but he really grew on us. A family wanted to adopt him , but after three days backed out becose of Indigos special needs. (He is incontinent and wears diapers and uses a wheelchair, etc like a paralyzed human.) My family decided we needed to adopt him ourselves , because we didnt want to put Indy through a series of failed adoptions.

Indigo was abused and beaten with a shovel and kicked by his former owners, breaking his spine and causing his paralysis. He was very sick when we got him , but now he is healthy and getting around great. We are planning on using him in education programs for children , teaching kindness to animals , and we plan on having him advocate to change laws regarding animal abuse. He is also going to be a breed advocate and a spokesdog for Ring Dog Rescue , the rescue that saved him from euthanasia.

Here is my famous new son Indigo The Wheeled Terrier.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/thepitbullmommas      <--Click me if you love Pit Bulls!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aydans_Mommy
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Congrats!!!

AmmuJSE
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Congrats, He's pretty :) 

I wish there was more caninemomma's like you. Doesn't matter the physical being, what matters is what is in the heart :)

You Rock!

meghs822
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:13 PM

congrats! hes a cutie!~

mlmartinez
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:14 PM

He is absolutely adorable! Congrats!

Schleetle
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Congrats! I like his name.

Cearley_est_02
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:15 PM

he is gorgeous!!! congrats on the adoption :)

RissaBusch

Beautiful! Congrats!  His wheels are awesome!  How cool that he gets mobility again!

Mom2PunkRockers

Indigo is our 7th adopted dog , all of our dogs sadly came from similar situations, we are hard core animal rescuers. I wish I didnt have to DO my job, because all animals had good homes.

Quoting AmmuJSE:

Congrats, He's pretty :) 

I wish there was more caninemomma's like you. Doesn't matter the physical being, what matters is what is in the heart :)

You Rock!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/thepitbullmommas      <--Click me if you love Pit Bulls!

Sweet_Britt
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:17 PM

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Mom2PunkRockers
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:18 PM

There is an AMAZING company in Mass, called Eddies Wheels for pets, they custom make these wheeled carts for all kinds of animals with mobility issues. Without them , Indy wouldnt be able to rock and roll , we are so grateful to them because they DONATED Indys cart to him , because of his abuse situation, generally one costs $500.

Quoting RissaBusch:

Beautiful! Congrats!  His wheels are awesome!  How cool that he gets mobility again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)