Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To anyone who would NOT call CPS unless they knew 100% (vent, I am PISSED!) *edit*

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:30 PM
  • 238 Replies

It is people like YOU that allowed my molestation as a child to go on for 12 yrs! If ONE person had said something, he would have gotten caught! But instead, after I finally realize I would rather die, that allow him to hurt me or my baby sister again,and told.  I had TONS of former teachers, pastors, family and friends, say they thought something was going on, but didn't want to say something because they could be wrong! WTF is wrong with you! I was a CHILD!!! A little girl who's father was forcing into sex acts! I wasn't the only one either! He was molesting my little sister! And because every one decided to "mind their own business" I had YEARS of counseling to work through it and the first yr of my marriage was really hard and still can be because I can not do certain things for my husband! People like you make me sick! It is time that people realize, when it comes to CHILDREN, there is no such things as "our own business"!!!!! It is time to grow up and help a child who can't help themselves!!!!

All of you saying I should have told someone are beyond ignorant. He told me he was going to kill my whole family! How the hell was I , as a little girl, supposed to know that my mom would kill him first? I had seen him hit her, and yet she was still there. I didn't think she would protect us like she did!

I am not blaming anyone on here for what happened to me(notice I said "People like you" , not you people). I know who abused me and who to blame.I do blame the people who said they knew something was wrong, but didn't want to be wrong. Because they could have stopped it! In my mind as a child, he said he would kill them if I told, not if someone else did. I prayed every night that some one would find out and save me! When I was in 3rd grade I stopped eating! And ended up in the hospital for almost 6mos, just go get away from him! No one could figure out why I was doing it! He was ALWAYS in the room! Making sure I didn't tell them! I would have, had I had the chance, but to the whole world, he was being a great dad, staying with me while I was in there. Those that keep asking me why I didn't tell, that is why! I did the first chance I got! I tried to tell my mom when I was in 4th grade. She was going to the store, and I freaked out, I didn't want it to happen again, so I started crying and clinging to her. I told her I knew what sex was in hopes she would want to know how her daughter at 10yrs old, would know that with out her telling. She thought I had learned about it at school! I was teriffied to flat out tell people, so I tried other ways, hinted to them, begged to not be left home with him. So for those that will continue to try and make me feel like I am wrong, screw you. I was a child. I didn't know what else to do.

pregnancy calendar

baby development

by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I love how those who I know are still on here, and said they would never call cps have chosen to keep quiet. Did it make you think? I hope it made you feel like crap!

Thank you for the charms!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:57 PM

I am one to stick my nose in where it doesn't belong.I am quick to call the police if something seems weird.Like this boy flipped his car on our road right in front of us.My husbands  jumps out to get him out of the car and or course I start dialing 911( like any sane person would do right???) well this dude jumps out yelling at me to tell them not to come.I guess he was drunk or high and didn't want the cops out there but oh well they came anyway.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:58 PM

im sorry and good luck

by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 24, 2010 at 9:15 PM

I am quick to call the Cops or CPS/ACS  (here in NY). I would rather be  safe than sorry. Anyway if the parents or abuser have nothing to hide then they have nothing to worry about.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:19 PM

I am so sorry that you are going through this!  I, too, was molested as a child by my adopted brother.  My adopted mother knew about it and did nothing about it.  I have trouble now doing certain things with my husband!  I have been in counseling for the past 10 years for it and there are times that I am "okay" and other times I am severely depressed.  My adopted brother killed himself in May 2007, but called me in December 2006 (around Christmastime) and apologized to me for everything he has done to me.  It didn't help....I just think he did it to "clear" his conscience because 5 months later he died.  It still haunts me, but slowly I will get through it. 

I am here if you ever want to talk!  Hugs!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:21 PM

And then we get to apologize to all the parents that have their kids taken away for false accusations, or get to deal with years of investigations when they did nothing wrong at all.

I am sorry that you went through that and no one said anything or did anything to help you.  I really am.  But I will not call cps or the cops because there might be a chance.  If I see or hear something that tells me something is up, then I will call.  That is just how I feel on it. 

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Im sorry i went thru that. I wish the people had stood up for u!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:23 PM

You can also ruin people's lives over nothing too. YOU could have spoken up yourself. Why are you blaming everyone else? Why did you not go talk to a teacher or other adult?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:23 PM

im sorry. my mom and her sisters went thru the same things. she was raped at 15 and got pregnant by her step dad. she gave the baby up. but thats when the abuse ended shes still messed up!

by Gold Member on May. 24, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I am sorry hun. I was also abused/raped as a child and it would have been nice if someoen would have cared enough to stop it :( PM me if you ever need to talk or to vent...i can't do things with hubby caused somany marital issues we are currently seperated because of that....we are slwly working through it and its not easy. When it comes to a CHILD you have to be the adovcate because they don't have a voice and cant stand up for themselves to grown ass adults.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)