Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

husbands, wives and mothers...**EDITED***

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:30 PM
  • 30 Replies

Why do guys think when they get married they are just getting a younger "mother"? (To do laundry, clean, cook, etc)

He doesn't expect me to do this, but he won't either. all i am saying is...Isn't marriage supposed to be a partenership? As in 50/50?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:37 PM

That's what mine got.  We chose that for ourselves though.

*ETA*  Not a younger mother, but a wife that cooks, cleans and does laundry, etc

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

FooLynRoo
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:38 PM

My husband doesnt like cooking, and I do.

Doesnt make me his mother

Melame68
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:39 PM

lol mine didn;t...thank god!!!! hes unemplyed. we've been married a week and 3 days (my 2nd marriage though) he does all the woman and "mom" stuff. ha ha... i do NOTHING around the house...till he gets a job

kylismomma

My husband doesn't think of me that way.

FooLynRoo

but I am nuterer by nature, no matter who you are I try to take care of you.

Hes someone who finds that trait attractive.

FL2AK
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:41 PM

I am the complete opposite of how my MIL was.  She never worked a day in her life and I am very career driven.  She tolerated a ton of BS, while I have no tolerance for BS at all.  I think my husband saw the lack of give and take in his parent's marriage and chose to have one where the husband and wife are more equal in their roles.  

isra1986
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:42 PM

This!

Quoting jillbailey26:

*ETA*  Not a younger mother, but a wife that cooks, cleans and does laundry, etc)

Army_Wife41
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Me three.

Plus...I like things a certain way. I don't think I would want him messing up my routine lol.

Quoting isra1986:

This!

Quoting jillbailey26:

*ETA*  Not a younger mother, but a wife that cooks, cleans and does laundry, etc)

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

jillbailey26
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I can't stand it when mine "organizes" things.  I'll be asking him for weeks where stuff is.  LOL  I love that he helps though, so I try not to say anything.

Quoting Army_Wife41:

Me three.

Plus...I like things a certain way. I don't think I would want him messing up my routine lol.

Quoting isra1986:

This!

Quoting jillbailey26:

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

isra1986
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Mine knows not to help! When we got married, we made a deal. I was the bodd at home, he was the boss at work. Now that I don't work, I am still the boss at home and when he asks what he can do, I tell him NOTHING! He messes up my "system"

Quoting jillbailey26:

I can't stand it when mine "organizes" things.  I'll be asking him for weeks where stuff is.  LOL  I love that he helps though, so I try not to say anything.

Quoting Army_Wife41:

Me three.

Quoting isra1986:

This!

Quoting jillbailey26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)