Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Used Breast Pumps...

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:06 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you?

Options:

Yes

No

Maybe

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

Would you ever use a used breast pump?

I personally would not. No way.

I'm talking everything being used including tubing and shields.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
azpreemiemom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:09 PM

There is nothing wrong with it if you use new tubing and sheilds. The pump, which is the expensive part does not come in contact with milk or breats. It DOES void the warranty, but Madela says that to get everyone to buy a brand new $300 pump.

briana_paige
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:11 PM

I'm talking about every part of it being used. I know someone who did and it grossed me out. LOL

Quoting azpreemiemom:

There is nothing wrong with it if you use new tubing and sheilds. The pump, which is the expensive part does not come in contact with milk or breats. It DOES void the warranty, but Madela says that to get everyone to buy a brand new $300 pump.

MovalMomsADMIN
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:11 PM

eh, i dont care lol

snoopy21276
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:15 PM

when i nursed i got my pump from a friend who recently stopped nursing. The hospital sent me home with lots of supplies in terms of tubing and sheilds and we got new from babies r us..   Save the $$ in my opinion babies are expensive LOL If I had a choice of using all used vs bottle feeding. i would use second hand from someone i know boiled

2and2onway
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Yes I would and i have. WIC offers free hospital grade pumps, to borrow for free. I used one for 2 months until I had to finally give in to full formula with the twins.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on May. 24, 2010 at 9:33 PM

I just bought a used electric double breast pump (that works) for $1.  I put the washable parts through the dish washer, and bought new valves through Evenflo for $3.  :)

JenieceMojica
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:35 PM

if its  from a family... yes and  its not i will clean and disinfect it well then use it :0)

Photobucket

Sweet_Britt
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Never the used tubing and stuff, but I would use the PUMP itself.

MrsNewman
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Yes.

Sterilize it and it's as good as new. Or you can buy new tubing and such.

Finallyamomx2
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:46 PM

I wouldn't use the shieldsand tubes if they were used. But maybe the pump itself. I didn't think you were allowed to sell used breast pumps. I bought a Medela Pump in Style and used it for about two weeks. Then I gave up because it seemed like I spent all my time pumping or feeding. My son was born with a cleft lip and palate and couldn't nurse. Maybe I'll put it in the paper now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)