Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Cutting waist/hip length hair or longer...any regrets?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:10 PM
  • 26 Replies

Just curious if there are any moms out there who have had super long hair and chopped it off.....were you glad you went ahead and cut it? Or do you have regrets?

Congenital Heart Defect Awareness  Autism Awareness

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 9:13 PM

You should donate it.  You will have an awesome new cut AND you will feel great for doing something great =)

Hair grows back =)

twinbabyboys
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:15 PM

I have actually been doing that for years, I grow my hair out and donate it to locks of love. I usually just do the minimum 10 inches of hair, but have done up to 14. It is a good feeling. I think if I donate again I'll go through Pantene. Right now my hair is at the longest I have ever had it since high school (it's at hip, I used it have it at tailbone length.) and I'm really having a hard time giving it up this time...lol.

Quoting MommySwiggles:

You should donate it.  You will have an awesome new cut AND you will feel great for doing something great =)

Hair grows back =)

rennez
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:17 PM

go for it!  i've never had hair that long, but it will always grow back!

maciemay
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:17 PM

I chopped off 26 inches! I miss it at times! I love being able to change it up! But, I mostly didn't do much with my hair stuck it in a bun and that was it! Now my hair is about chin length! I like it mostly! But, I think when you cut so much off your hair you always do miss it some what!!! It is much easier to manage now! I don't get so many headaches, and it is not so hot!!! 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 9:18 PM

I cut 18 inches off once.  I am not sure how long that is.  I need to cut it up to shoulder length again for summer and maintenance.

SLGross215
by Sarah on May. 24, 2010 at 9:18 PM

I wish I had a picture of how long my hair used to be. It was to my knees and I cut it short. I've been wearing it short ever since and have zero regrets cutting it. Here's how short I went.

FotoFlexer_Animation-2.gif #2 picture by SLGross215

FuzzybugsMommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:19 PM

I had waist length hair, and then cut it to above my shoulders. I LOVED it but it was hella expensive. It's now just past my waist, like the tops of my thighs and I'm thinking I might hack it off again.

twinbabyboys
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:20 PM

WOW 26 inches? How long did it take you to grow....and how long did it take to dry? Mine is only at hip but it takes hours....sometimes wont even be dry the next day when I go to wash it again if I had it in a bun....lol

Quoting maciemay:

I chopped off 26 inches! I mess it at times! I love being able to change it up! But, I mostly didn't do much with my hair stuck it in a bun and that was it! Now my hair is about chin length! I like it mostly! But, I think when you cut so much off your hair you always do miss it some what!!! It is much easier to manage now! I don't get so many headaches, and it is not so hot!!! 

twinbabyboys
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Yeah, but see you have the face for short hair...lol, it looks pretty on you.... I have a weird neck/chin thing going on...LOL, the shortest Ive ever had it was just above my shoulders, I think that was about....6 years ago!

Quoting SLGross215:

I wish I had a picture of how long my hair used to be. It was to my knees and I cut it short. I've been wearing it short ever since and have zero regrets cutting it. Here's how short I went.

guam_mama
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:22 PM

I had hair down to my butt and had my boyfriend cut it all off out of pure boredom one day...my family was so upset esp since we are from the south pacific islands, long hair is a must for the women there. I haven't had it that long and i doubt i will ever let it get that long, right now i'm aiming for chest length hair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)