Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you or dont you? Quick questions.....

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:20 PM
  • 86 Replies

1) Immunize your kids?

2) Spank your kids?

3) Judge everyone who doesnt do what you do, or assume based on TV thats how things should be?

4) Allow your kids to watch Disney channel at 8 (not the morning kids stuff)?

5) Excerise with your kids daily (literally)?

6) Allow them to spend nights with people from their school?

7) Home school or public school or private school?

You dont HAVE to answer why. Some people can get judgemental in their reasons. SO if you answer why, dont include things like "because Im a good parent". or "why wouldnt you?" NOne of these are based on evidence or science.

1) NO

2) Occasionally

3) No

4) NO I dont

5) Yes we are all very fit and muscular (not like body builder though lol)

6) I didnt when they did go to public school

7) My kids are homeschooled

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet.lil.mama
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:21 PM

1) Immunize your kids? yes

2) Spank your kids? no

3) Judge everyone who doesnt do what you do, or assume based on TV thats how things should be? nope

4) Allow your kids to watch Disney channel at 8 (not the morning kids stuff)? we don't have cable

5) Excerise with your kids daily (literally)? yep we run and crawl all over the place

6) Allow them to spend nights with people from their school? hes 1 lol

7) Home school or public school or private school? public school when hes old enough

Mama2lilGarrett
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Quoting kiahna:

1) Immunize your kids? Yes.

2) Spank your kids? Not yet but plan to if need be.

3) Judge everyone who doesnt do what you do, or assume based on TV thats how things should be? Only thing I assume is the way another state looks, other than that no. I judge but only those that I feel could act or do better.

4) Allow your kids to watch Disney channel at 8 (not the morning kids stuff)? We don't watch the disney channel.

5) Excerise with your kids daily (literally)? No.

6) Allow them to spend nights with people from their school? My son is too young still.

7) Home school or public school or private school? Plan to homeschool if possible.

briansmommy7143
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Quoting kiahna:

1) Immunize your kids? Selective.

2) Spank your kids? Nope.

3) Judge everyone who doesnt do what you do, or assume based on TV thats how things should be? No.

4) Allow your kids to watch Disney channel at 8 (not the morning kids stuff)? My kids are not 8 yet, so we'll see, but I probably won't mind

5) Excerise with your kids daily (literally)? Not EVERY day, but yes.

6) Allow them to spend nights with people from their school? Not in school yet.

7) Home school or public school or private school? Public School when they go because I don't want to shelter them from the real world. I want them to be prepared for it all....

natural_parenting.png picture by kwright9608

Mommy of 2 Wonderful Boys!

Micahbabysmommy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:26 PM

1) Immunize your kids? yes

2) Spank your kids? yes

3) Judge everyone who doesnt do what you do, or assume based on TV thats how things should be? depending on what it is i sometimes judge...no to the second one

4) Allow your kids to watch Disney channel at 8 (not the morning kids stuff)? mine doesn't watch tv that much ever but i wouldnt say that i don't let them

5) Excerise with your kids daily (literally)? we do a lot of outside activities like sports and play tag and stuff...

6) Allow them to spend nights with people from their school? mine are still too young but when they are old enough i would have to know the family first

7) Home school or public school or private school? we private school

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on May. 24, 2010 at 9:27 PM

1) Immunize your kids?   yes

2) Spank your kids?    No

3) Judge everyone who doesnt do what you do, or assume based on TV thats how things should be?no

4) Allow your kids to watch Disney channel at 8 (not the morning kids stuff) no

5) Excerise with your kids daily (literally) yes i chase then all day 

6) Allow them to spend nights with people from their school?  no

7) Home school or public school or private school?  public school

SASSY762

BonitaM
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Quoting kiahna:

1) Immunize your kids?  yes

2) Spank your kids?   yes

3) Judge everyone who doesnt do what you do, or assume based on TV thats how things should be?  No

4) Allow your kids to watch Disney channel at 8 (not the morning kids stuff)?  yes

5) Excerise with your kids daily (literally)?  no

6) Allow them to spend nights with people from their school?  she's not in school yet so not for a while

7) Home school or public school or private school?  private school

You dont HAVE to answer why. Some people can get judgemental in their reasons. SO if you answer why, dont include things like "because Im a good parent". or "why wouldnt you?" NOne of these are based on evidence or science.

1) NO

2) Occasionally

3) No

4) NO I dont

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Quoting kiahna:

1) Immunize your kids?No

2) Spank your kids?yes

3) Judge everyone who doesnt do what you do, or assume based on TV thats how things should be?no

4) Allow your kids to watch Disney channel at 8 (not the morning kids stuff)?yes

5) Excerise with your kids daily (literally)?no,they are too old

6) Allow them to spend nights with people from their school?NA

7) Home school or public school or private school?Private

1) NO

2) Occasionally

3) No

4) NO I dont

We should be in awe at the gift of having children rather than obsessed by our rights as a mother!

calledmomma

1) Yes

2) Depends on what the offense was, not if I can figure out an alternate punishment that better fits the crime.

3) Don't judge, just will usually ask what punishment they use and how it works, sometimes you get better ideas that way.

4) umm we watch a LOT of veggietales, I'm having trouble finding cartoons that don't promote violence or bad manners.

5) You can't tell it by looking at me, but walking the dog, jumping on the trampoline, playing basketball, bikeriding, etc.

6) No, they are not old enough yet, when they are older I will want to meet the parents and know a LOT about the family before that happens, if the parents don't share some of the same beliefs as ours then it probably would not be an overnight stay, but a hour or two playtime.

7) I'm a public school teacher so except for preschool our kids are in public school, we only have state funded preschool where we are so we don't qualify and our kids go to a private Christian preschool.  Sure wish they would allow Bible stories and the ten commandments in our public school, as well as prayer, I don't care who you are praying for but I seriously believe our schools ALL need prayer right now!

kiahna

I homeschool but if I could find a good school I wouldnt. Its just that I dont think public school is up to par in Cali. It sucks out here!! The real world is selective. Do you hear ppl saying the N word all day and kids bringing knives to school? I do! smh. If I could be sure my kids are same and sure they are around the right people, I would. I went to public school and it was good. Now? Some schools suck. But we leave the house every day and see family and go to museums. They are well socialized. ANd make friends everytime they go anywhere. If only you saw this sad state and you would rethink that lol. Los Angeles sucks! lol.

Quoting briansmommy7143:

Quoting kiahna:

1) Immunize your kids? Selective.

2) Spank your kids? Nope.

3) Judge everyone who doesnt do what you do, or assume based on TV thats how things should be? No.

4) Allow your kids to watch Disney channel at 8 (not the morning kids stuff)? My kids are not 8 yet, so we'll see, but I probably won't mind

5) Excerise with your kids daily (literally)? Not EVERY day, but yes.

6) Allow them to spend nights with people from their school? Not in school yet.

7) Home school or public school or private school? Public School when they go because I don't want to shelter them from the real world. I want them to be prepared for it all....

KokoJones
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:30 PM

1) Immunize your kids?  yes

2) Spank your kids? occasionally, but usually i don't need to... a time out or count to three usually does the trick

3) Judge everyone who doesnt do what you do, or assume based on TV thats how things should be? no

4) Allow your kids to watch Disney channel at 8 (not the morning kids stuff)? my 8 yr old dd is in bed at that time, my 4 yr old dd is usually falling asleep to sprout at that time and ds is only 2 months

5) Excerise with your kids daily (literally)? yes, i enjoy playing ball and riding bike/runnin around with my kids outdoors

6) Allow them to spend nights with people from their school? if i know the parents well

7) Home school or public school or private school? public

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)