Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I be offended?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:10 PM
  • 24 Replies

So on saturday DH and I went to the movies on a 'date' , and we were standing in the food line  ( 25 wks pregger so I'm always hungry..lol) and he elbows me and gives me his 'what the hell ' look.

"What?" I said.. He nodded his head in the direction of this girl who couldn't be older than I'd say 12, even I was shocked. She was wearing a skirt that barely covered her bottom  and I MEAN barely,  a white wife beater with a hot pink bra (trainer? idk) so that it was showing through, and a crap ton of make up.  She was with all what I'm assumeing were her friends, and I swear they had to be in middle school. So I said to him: "What? What do you want me to do?" of course we are whispering.

DH: "Where the hell are her parents?"

Me: "I don't know...wow... I wouldn't even wear that. Look at that skirt."

DH:" Thats not a skirt thats a ***** belt. If either of our kids trys to leave the house looking like that I swear to god."

Me: yeah.

DH: "You'd never let them leave the house like that right?"

Now I don't know if I'm overly sensitive because of the hormones, or what but for some reason it just bothers me that he would even feel the need to ask that..  Of course I wouldn't! I don't even know that HER parents let her leave the house like that.  So my question is if your s/o asked you if you'd let DD leave the house looking kinda trampy..would you be offended? or am I just crazy,lol.

marinesdoing laundrybaby girl

Jeremy & Nikki 06/09/2007 <3 Autumn Mary 02/02/2009

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaelansmom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Wouldn't be offended... He may have just been really upset and wanted that reaasurance that you would not let your DD go out like that.

MandyOs
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:11 PM

You're being overly sensitive.

kk_bella
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:12 PM

I wouldn't be offended, he was shocked.

massteria
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Probably just the hormones.  I wouldn't be offended by it.  Sounds to me like he is just making sure yall are all the same page for that one.  My DH asked me something very similar when we found out our youngest was gonna be a girl. 

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 10:13 PM

I will say you are being pregnant.  LOL  Hubby just needed some reassurance. 

nomadbrat83
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 10:13 PM

I'm pregnant and even I wouldn't be offended. 

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 10:14 PM

I have been all kinds of overly sensitive  lately so  you may have caught it from me.

isra1986
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:15 PM

I agree.
I am sure your DH knows you wouldn't let her leave like that, but it was shocking for him to see!

Quoting Kaelansmom:

Wouldn't be offended... He may have just been really upset and wanted that reaasurance that you would not let your DD go out like that.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 10:16 PM

lol he was probably trying to not piss you off - bc who knows if you would have been all you aren't telling me how to dress the kids, WE decide that not you - bc you know a pg mama is unpredictable like that lmao

PsychMommie
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:16 PM

I would be happy he is such a protective and caring father, my DH is the same way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)