Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So stressed about child care.......

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:13 PM
  • 2 Replies

My husband hasn't worked in almost 2 years.  He's finally working again, part time hours but he makes decent money for part time work.  We are trying to get back on our feet but we are struggling with child care.  In the past we have been extremely lucky to have my mom.  She always took care of my son and she never charged us.  Now I have 2 kids and my mom is caring for my sister's kids.  Watching all 4 is just too much for her.  Plus she doesn't have enough room in her car to carry all four kids.  I work afternoons and my husband use to work days and so we only needed my mom to watch our son for a couple of hours each day.  Now my husbands schedule is uncertain.  He finds out the night before he has to work or the day of.  They ask him to come in at all different hours.  I am just so frustrated.  I want him to work but I didn't realize it was going to be so hard to work out our child care issues.  Now I am stuck on afternoons (can't get off).  My mom (god bless her) has her hands full and we just can't afford to pay someone yet.  Even if I could find someone that was in our budget how do we work out a schedule when we don't know when we need child care until the day of or the night before.  Sorry just had to vent. 

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
o0gone0o
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 10:16 PM

hmm find someone that does an inhome daycare. They are usually a lot more flexible than your typical daycare facility.   Good luck dear.

JenniferZiemba
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Thank you.  We used to have a lady who we went to 2 days a week.  We did it for a while to make it easier for my mom.  But she didn't like drop in's.  She wanted a regular schedule and we don't have one right now.

Quoting o0gone0o:

hmm find someone that does an inhome daycare. They are usually a lot more flexible than your typical daycare facility.   Good luck dear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)