Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scentsy Consultants

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:27 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have been contemplating becoming a scentsy consultant.  Could someone please tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly?  I really appreciate it! 

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv2wahm
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Not a consultant, but I love their products!

adri_nevarez
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Thanks... so do I.    That is the reason that I think I would like to sell scentsy (I actually use and LOVE their products)

Quoting luv2wahm:

luv2wahm
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:39 PM

I've wondered what it entails as well..my thing is I don't want to have to make unreasonable monthly orders to stay active...I wouldn't mind doing it on the side from time to time...

Quoting adri_nevarez:

Thanks... so do I.    That is the reason that I think I would like to sell scentsy (I actually use and LOVE their products)

Quoting luv2wahm:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

adri_nevarez
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:45 PM

That is what I would like to know as well... I do know that orders have to be $150 for S&H to be free... which wouldn't be too hard, because I could schedule a party or two and place orders after that.  However, with 4 kids I cannot promise to be consistant - so hopefully a consultant will see this and answer our questions!

Quoting luv2wahm:

I've wondered what it entails as well..my thing is I don't want to have to make unreasonable monthly orders to stay active...I wouldn't mind doing it on the side from time to time...

Quoting adri_nevarez:

Quoting luv2wahm:

2gud2btrue
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:46 PM

i didn't do consistent orders when i sold it.  mostly the reason i joined was for the discounts.  mostly the reason i quit was because i was spending all my money on them lol.

stephy_85
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2010 at 10:02 AM

I am a Scentsy Consultant. You only have to have $150 in orders every three months in one given month, which basically means one party. It is a kid friendly product so that is something that people love. Also you can do sell as a main career or just on the side. You get to work on your own schedule. Now the down at least for me is that where I live we have a ton of consultants. Also I have been having a hard time booking parties, nobody wants to have them. The economy in your community will also play a big part in your sales. I live onpost and have mostly other Army Wives for friends so I have several steady clients. However in my hometown a girl was interested in signing up and she did a basket party well it did not go over very well due to the economy. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me :) 

Proud Army Wife~SAHM~Pro Vaxing~America Love It Or Leave It~If You Don't Support Our Troops Feel Free to Stand In Front Of Them~The Army Isn't The Only Thing That Makes My Man Scream Hooah~

Cajunmamma322
by on May. 25, 2010 at 7:33 PM

I LOVE IT! They put you pay on a visa card and it deposited every month on the tenth of the month. Everyone loves scentsy! You can have a website that is free the first 3 months and after that only $10. Pretty much they do alot of the work and you dont do much. They have convention to win stuff, play games and such. You can bring you kids! I love it!

adri_nevarez
by on May. 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Thanks... is the visa a prepaid one or do you have to apply for one?  Also, what is your cut?  Thanks again!

Quoting Cajunmamma322:

I LOVE IT! They put you pay on a visa card and it deposited every month on the tenth of the month. Everyone loves scentsy! You can have a website that is free the first 3 months and after that only $10. Pretty much they do alot of the work and you dont do much. They have convention to win stuff, play games and such. You can bring you kids! I love it!

LuvMyBoy08
by on May. 27, 2010 at 9:21 AM

I am also a Scentsy consultant and I did ALOT of research on this company before I joined. The company is in great standings with the BBB which was VERY important to me. Its 99.00 to start up and get your kit, but you get your money's worth for sure. The starter kit comes with over 80 scent testers, full size warmer, room spray, hanging freshener, and ALOT of business supplies. You get a personalized website for FREE for the first 3 months and then its 10 dollars a month after that. Scentsy does have a quota of 150 every three months in one given month, but its so easy to obtain that goal. To start off you will be making 20% of your retail volume...after you sell 1000 you start making 25%. Also if you start building your dowline you can make a little more from yout team as well. Scentsy sends out a visa debit card and thats how they load all of your commissions each month. You dont need to apply for it, they will send it to you about 15 days after you sign up with them. I love selling Scentsy, its not a get rich quick business, but if you work hard enough you can reach any goal you have set for yourself!

adri_nevarez
by on May. 27, 2010 at 9:23 AM
Thanks for the info! I am thinking I'm gonna do this!

Quoting LuvMyBoy08:

I am also a Scentsy consultant and I did ALOT of research on this company before I joined. The company is in great standings with the BBB which was VERY important to me. Its 99.00 to start up and get your kit, but you get your money's worth for sure. The starter kit comes with over 80 scent testers, full size warmer, room spray, hanging freshener, and ALOT of business supplies. You get a personalized website for FREE for the first 3 months and then its 10 dollars a month after that. Scentsy does have a quota of 150 every three months in one given month, but its so easy to obtain that goal. I love selling Scentsy, its not a get rich quick business, but if you work hard enough you can reach any goal you have set for yourself!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)