Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Actually need help this time...

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:28 PM
  • 26 Replies

In about two more days, I can take my kids to the doc, but right now, I can't.

So here's the deal. About two months ago, my kids had pink eye. They also had a virus at the time and they both seem to have developed allergies. Ever since then, both of my kids have had a lot of eye gunk- green and yellow.

I keep giving them their antibiotic eye drops, but the eye gunk does not go away.

A few days ago, my daughter got something in her eye. She was complaining a lot. I tried to wash her eye out and gave her more eye drops.

Yesterday, she scratched her eye. Today, she got hit pretty hard in the other eye. I've been giving her allergy soothing eye drops because I don't want  to over use the antibiotic eye drops.

When I put her to bed, she had a HUGE eye goober that was green.

Is there any way that this could JUST be allergies? And that getting hit in the face or whatever makes it worse?

Do I need to get rid of her mattress? What can I do to make these allergies better? Both my kids have them...never had allergies before.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShawnaH2005
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:30 PM

BUMP!

isleysmom

try giving them a dose of benedryl to see if that helps until you can get them to the doc. I would put clean pillowcases on each night until then too. Good luck I hope they feel better.

briansmommy7143

I'm not sure... I know with allergies you can get puffy and watery, itchy eyes, but I don't think it should be green. I would keep giving her the drops and even try warm washcloths over her eyes until you go to the dr.

natural_parenting.png picture by kwright9608

Mommy of 2 Wonderful Boys!

Bits08
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:31 PM

BUMP!

kk_bella
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Quoting isleysmom:

try giving them a dose of benedryl to see if that helps until you can get them to the doc. I would put clean pillowcases on each night until then too. Good luck I hope they feel better.

Oh gosh, duh.

I need to get rid of her pillow. It doesn't have a pillow case, it's home made.

I bet that has a huge part of it.

Thanks for all the suggestions, ladies.

She also has developed a cough and I'm pretty sure it's allergies, but she has no nasal congestion, nothing in her lungs, just a cough.

I bet it's the pillows and mattress, possibly the dog.

Ugh, this sucks.

Kaydence2010
by Maggie on May. 24, 2010 at 10:32 PM
Green typically means infection :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
superflyinlove
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Here's a bump for you.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 10:33 PM

that doesn't sound like just allergies. i might switch over to maybe some artificial tears only until you can get them in to the doc.

kk_bella
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Quoting Kaydence2010:

Green typically means infection :(

That's what I thought, too, but going on for so long? She doesn't complain much, eyes aren't usually red.

I'm going to take her to the doc as soon as I can, maybe she needs a different antibiotic eye drop??

kk_bella
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Quoting teri4lance:

that doesn't sound like just allergies. i might switch over to maybe some artificial tears only until you can get them in to the doc.

Okay. I'll do that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)