Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby is MEAN

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:29 PM
  • 6 Replies

I don't know what to do with him anymore. he is so mean to other kids. He will hit and scream and snatch toys. I try to do a time out but when he gets up he goes right back to being a bully. I don't want his whole life to be one long time out. Maybe 2 days a week at daycare would help him?

It honestly makes me sad that he is so mean and angry. I don't know how he got that way.

Maybe I do know how he got like that. Last summer our neighbor's baby was mean to him, she's a month younger but HUGE and likes to bully him because he's smaller. We would always get her and do a little punishment but I think he decided to take this into his own hands. At first he was just fighting back but now he's the bully. It would be hard to not let them play together because we share a porch with them and I'm not going to keep him in the house just they are out.

I dunno.

He's about 22 months old BTW

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CutieBoysMommy
by on May. 25, 2010 at 6:36 AM

BUMP?

No one knows what to do about my little bully child?

LeelansMom
by on May. 25, 2010 at 6:38 AM

I just reckon try and teach him that no one will be friends if he is like this and dont allow him to play when he gets like this. I think he will get the point at this age quickly. It might jsut be  a phase too. DOnt be so hard on yourself :)

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on May. 25, 2010 at 6:39 AM

No clue but here's a bump

IloveBilly
by on May. 25, 2010 at 6:40 AM

Yeah i think daycare would help!!!! It would teach him how to play with other kids and also show him that not all kids are bullies!!!!! But as far as letting him play with her, its hard cause you share a porch but hey it will at least be the part that teaches him to take no shit and defend himself!!!! Good luck!!!!!

CutieBoysMommy
by on May. 25, 2010 at 6:46 AM

yeah that's why I thought daycare would be a good idea.

Last summer he would just let her push him around (and cry about it) but then he came out with this little attitude and started sticking up for his self, but it changed from defense to bullying pretty quickly.

Quoting IloveBilly:

Yeah i think daycare would help!!!! It would teach him how to play with other kids and also show him that not all kids are bullies!!!!! But as far as letting him play with her, its hard cause you share a porch but hey it will at least be the part that teaches him to take no shit and defend himself!!!! Good luck!!!!!

IloveBilly
by on May. 25, 2010 at 6:51 AM

Well where he is so young.....and first encountered the other baby that treated him so bad, he probally thought that all other kids would be like that and so he was gonna defend himself before they ever got the chance to do it!!!! Now being so little he couldnt phrase it like that but that is probally what it is!!!! I would definitely go with daycare cause it would help him see that not all kids are mean!!! It might take a little while to break him at first but it would help and be worth the wait!!!! Plus it would give you a little break to catch up on some sleep, housework, or just give you a moment to breathe yourself!!!!! It would be a good thing!!!!

Quoting CutieBoysMommy:

yeah that's why I thought daycare would be a good idea.

Last summer he would just let her push him around (and cry about it) but then he came out with this little attitude and started sticking up for his self, but it changed from defense to bullying pretty quickly.

Quoting IloveBilly:

I am a full time college student,stay at home mom,devoted wife,kid at heart,loving my life kinda gal!!!!!My idea of a wonderful day is playing with my babies outside,fixing dinner for my family,watching a movie together, and then cuddling with my husband all night long!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)