Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quit Smoking Tips!! I need you mama's to give my friend some support!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:31 PM
  • 25 Replies

a friend of mine, who is a cafemom member on here too, is trying to quit smoking. she wants to buy cigs in the morning. i am trying to get her not to buy them. can you please give her some support or encouragement or something. she really needs some tonite!! I will message her this post!! for my own reasons..i am not going to post her name. just show her some love!! Thanks!!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Autumnmom24
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:34 PM

BUMP!

possummom

BUMP!

possummom

seriously...no words or encourage!!?? wow!!

Elayna90
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:38 PM
i am trying to quit too and am going through the same thing. she's not alone and while she may like the first cig out of the pack she will regret having bought it in the first place
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
possummom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:40 PM

ty..i have told her there are many reason not to quit. there is no perfect time. i know she is just stressed out. it has to be hard. thanks for your kind words!!

Quoting Elayna90:

i am trying to quit too and am going through the same thing. she's not alone and while she may like the first cig out of the pack she will regret having bought it in the first place

Autumnmom24
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:44 PM

BUMP!

sunshineforall
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:48 PM

It is possible! Having supportive friends to help is great. My sister was a great help when i quit last year. I had been going well for 3 weeks and had a really stressful situation come up and she told to me to buy a cigar which I did.  I smoked those off and on for a couple of weeks and hated them. I was able to quit then and although I still have urges for smoking and like the smell of the freshly lit cig, every time I smell stale cigs it makes me glad I don't smell like it anymore. 

it is possible and she can do it!  

good luck

possummom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:50 PM

thank you!! you rock!! i dont smoke so i know the support from others who have quit would be great!!

Quoting sunshineforall:

It is possible! Having supportive friends to help is great. My sister was a great help when i quit last year. I had been going well for 3 weeks and had a really stressful situation come up and she told to me to buy a cigar which I did.  I smoked those off and on for a couple of weeks and hated them. I was able to quit then and although I still have urges for smoking and like the smell of the freshly lit cig, every time I smell stale cigs it makes me glad I don't smell like it anymore. 

it is possible and she can do it!  

good luck

possummom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:00 PM

okay my friend really needs help....she is singing row row row your boat trying to get her mind off of smoking!!! LMAO!!

Autumnmom24
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:04 PM

At least shes not singing it while shes on the boat and flasing her boobs at the interstate bridge ;)

Quoting possummom:

okay my friend really needs help....she is singing row row row your boat trying to get her mind off of smoking!!! LMAO!!

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)