Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oh mylanta i think i am getting dry sockets..

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:43 PM
  • 5 Replies

and i did everything fucking right. I don't smoke, i didn't use straws. I was gentle when i started brushing my teeth, i didn't eat anything too hard and i rinsed everytime with saltwater. WTH. They came out Wednesday and all of a sudden they started aching earlier and now its a pretty bad pain whenever i open my damn mouth. Its like all hell broke lose, i was JUST getting to the point where i could eat..

what in the fuck.

suckity suck sucks!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KandiceN
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Call the doc and get back in right away.. don't let them dry out any more!

I'll warn you... if you did, it sucks donkey butt. lol  They have to pack medicated gauze into the open sockets.  And it hurts and the stuff I had was clove flavored, ewwwwww  I had to go back every few days and have them repack them I think for a week or two.

Sorry :(

alexhuntercody
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Quoting KandiceN:

Call the doc and get back in right away.. don't let them dry out any more!

I'll warn you... if you did, it sucks donkey butt. lol  They have to pack medicated gauze into the open sockets.  And it hurts and the stuff I had was clove flavored, ewwwwww  I had to go back every few days and have them repack them I think for a week or two.

Sorry :(

did yours come on right when you started feeling better? Cause i swear i was just getting to the point where everyrthing was getting good and it didnt hurt and then BAM!

alexhuntercody
by on May. 25, 2010 at 12:00 AM

bump

KandiceN
by on May. 25, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Yep, pretty much.  I thought I was good to go and then I woke up and they hurt, and it just kept getting worse and worse as the day went on.  I called the next day and they got me in.

oboe_chik
by on May. 25, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Oh that sucks Ive been there. Make an apt to go in today and get them packed. It tastes nasty but you will feel so much better. Youll have to go back every few days to get them repacked for a couple weeks but its a lot better than hurting. 

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)