Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how long does it take to accept an offer on a house?????????

Posted by on May. 25, 2010 at 4:44 PM
  • 11 Replies

i need to be distracted right now. we put a bid on a house yesterday but yesterday was also a horrible day. we had to make the decision to put our 16 yr old dog to sleep ='( i've had her since i was nine and i was there when they did it & i just feel wretched. it hurts so bad I want to be distracted & this house is just  the thing to distract me

by on May. 25, 2010 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dbldogdare
by on May. 25, 2010 at 4:46 PM

depends on when the realtor has time to meet with the sellers. could be any minute could be a day or two! Good luck! hope its soon and sorry about the pup!

lizzie_ann
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2010 at 4:46 PM

It depends on the sellers. Did you set a time frame for them to get back to you by?

PUMPKIN1117
by on May. 25, 2010 at 4:48 PM

the papers said the offer expires on the 27th...is that standard?? 3 days??

Quoting lizzie_ann:

It depends on the sellers. Did you set a time frame for them to get back to you by?

MiSs.SmOkEy
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2010 at 4:49 PM

When we put our offer down on the house we have now. We put it done around 7pm and gave them a time limit of 24hrs. They contacted us around 12pm the next day. It just depends on how many offers they have and if you gave them a time limit.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

ALOUDWHISPER
by on May. 25, 2010 at 4:51 PM

it really depends my b/f is a realtor & his last deal the called the next day & accepted the offer but i say roughly a week  but it really depends on how many other offers they have as well good luck hope you get it :)

lizzie_ann
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2010 at 4:53 PM

It honestly depends. My husband and I heard back after about 3 hours that they accepted the offer and didn't want to counter it or anything.

Maybe your offer was a little bit lower than what they were expecting, so they could be weighing the pros and cons of accepting it. Maybe they're drafting a counter offer. Maybe this is just a busy time for them so it'll take a few hours/days for them to have the time to think about it. Who knows...

Quoting PUMPKIN1117:

the papers said the offer expires on the 27th...is that standard?? 3 days??

Quoting lizzie_ann:

scaredoflabor
by on May. 25, 2010 at 4:54 PM

I bought a house and moved in in 2 weeks. but we did owner financing. It all depends onhow good the agent is and how fast they workat it. sorry about your dog im sure thats hard

PUMPKIN1117
by on May. 25, 2010 at 4:56 PM

agent just texted me & i asked her...she said 2 days at most..::sigh::    i wanted to shop for the new house. =/

Kitricia
by on May. 25, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I have sold 2 houses.

The first house, we received 3 offers on the same day. We were told to expect the three offers, so we waited until they all came in before we made our decision.

The second house, we received 1 offer. After we got the offer we had to find funding to pay the closing costs. Then the bank we were going through became difficult and it dragged on. We couldn't accept the house offer until we were for sure we had the funding. The people that bought that house were getting anxious and it actually turned out to be in our favor. They played their cards early and we knew we had them because they LOVED the house.  We never told them the situation we were in, but they wanted the house so bad, they came back and countered us and we got a better deal on the house. Instead of paying all the closing costs we paid up to so much and then they paid the rest. We had to leave our washer and dryer for them though.

It's all a game... if you sound too anxious then the seller knows they have you.

We bid on a house and I did some research and found out it had been rented out alot. The owner of that house thought they had us and tried to play hard ball. I liked the house, did not LOVE the house. There is difference. He thought we LOVED the house. He wouldn't budge on what we wanted-not compromise or anything. We decided not pursue the house because it wasn't in the part of town we wanted.

A week later, the man that owned the house came back with a counter offer that we would have liked but by that time we had moved on.

Kitricia
by on May. 25, 2010 at 5:02 PM

The first house we sold... the guy made me so mad-he wanted a home warranty, the driveway mud jacked, etc.... the house was already reasonably priced. We had spent a ton of money on a brand new air conditioning, etc The only thing the house really needed was a new roof. Otherwise, it was better than when we had bought it.

Anyway, I went around in the master bathroom and unscrewed the light bulbs. I was so mad at this guy. He was just REALLY difficult. Anyway, my husband comes into the master bath and freaks out because the lights aren't turning on. He couldn't believe what I did. I still wonder if the guy ever figured out what I did or if he used his home warranty to figure out I unscrewed the light bulbs.

I also didn't mow the back yard either.

I drive by that house now and it looks horrible. He has this huge truck he parts on his driveway.

My advice to you... be nice to the sellers of the house. The nicer you are, the nicer they will be too you.

The second house I left toilet paper, etc

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)