Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's Your Accent? -Spin off sorta-

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:00 AM
  • 77 Replies

Where are you from? I was born and raised in Arkansas and we had a very southern drawl accent. Try sounded like "trahh"  and ON was pronounced "own".

Now I live in Missouri and try sounds like "try-eee" and ON is ONNN. LOL does that make sense? How do you sound?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 12:01 AM

I was born and raised in Ga....and still live here,lol,so I have a very southern accent :o)

jjones0461
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:02 AM
I am from KY and I have a southern accent! So does my dh, but worse then me. Sometimes I can't understand what he says.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 12:02 AM

I was born in pa,lived in columbus ga for 34 years,moved ot california,then back to ga,then to sc,then to alabama.

ame4c
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:02 AM

LOL, hello fellow missourian.... I'm always being teased cuz I sound like a hillbilly redneck.  Evidently I have a southern drawl...LOL

Do you say Missour"E" or Missour"A"?  Just curious.  I'm an "E" .

ame4c

Please check out my group:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Moms_from_Dysfunctional_Families

KellyMarie105
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:03 AM

I can't understand anything my friends from back home say lol. They sound very country to me now and they say I sound Northern.

isra1986
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:03 AM

I don't think I have an accent. I live in Delaware, not far enough north for a "city" accent. Not far enough south for a "country" accent.

KellyMarie105
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:04 AM

I say MissourE. LOl I hate it when people say Missurah. 

Quoting ame4c:

LOL, hello fellow missourian.... I'm always being teased cuz I sound like a hillbilly redneck.  Evidently I have a southern drawl...LOL

Do you say Missour"E" or Missour"A"?  Just curious.  I'm an "E" .

katzero
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:04 AM

I'm from Texas. Nuff' said.

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on May. 26, 2010 at 12:05 AM

I live in Georgia. Some people say I have a southern accent. Others say I don't.

kansasmom1978
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:05 AM

I was born in KY, grew up in CO and have lived the last 14 years in KS.  Not sure what my accent is. I say aint with a southern drawl, been accused of talking like I am from Texas and have never been to Texas.  I think I have more of the Kansas twang.  We say ya, fixin, and gonna.  It aint slang, it's the way we talk lol.  I say stoopid for stupid.  dumb comes out as duhm.  crap is keerap.  road is rood.  dumb stuff really lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)