Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

s/o dogs in the water?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:09 AM
  • 47 Replies

I am a HUGE animal lover. But I hate when we got to the lake or a small beach and someone brings their dog and let it run around in the water. I know they need their exercise but I don't want my kids taking a bath with it. Plus the kids are trying to get out and the dog runs over, tries to play and lick them. What do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teen_mommy2010
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:11 AM

I like it when people bring their dogs to the lake with them. Its cute to watch them play! Whats so bad about taking a bath with the dog? I mean your kids are already swiming in fish feces...

ame4c
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:14 AM

I love to let my dogs run, but I would never do it where there are other people around.  I concider that rude.  You don't know my dogs so you could be scared of them or any number of things.  Besides most places have a leash law.

ame4c

Please check out my group:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Moms_from_Dysfunctional_Families

AngelicaRenee
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:14 AM

I agree, there are way worse things in that water than a dog. If the dog is friendly and isn't causing any problems I don't see a big deal with it.

Quoting teen_mommy2010:

I like it when people bring their dogs to the lake with them. Its cute to watch them play! Whats so bad about taking a bath with the dog? I mean your kids are already swiming in fish feces...

ame4c
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

I agree, there are way worse things in that water than a dog. If the dog is friendly and isn't causing any problems I don't see a big deal with it.

I agree as long as the dogs are well behaved I see no problem with it.

ame4c

Please check out my group:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Moms_from_Dysfunctional_Families

Christy-
I don't like to touch a wet dog really but having a strange wet dog run up and rub all over me and my kids? For that matter it could be aggressive or not used to young kids. I have no way of knowing that. Plus if I pet a dog I go wash my hands right after. Otherwise I feel dirty, being in the water with them seems icky. Idk... My moms poodle used to sleep in my bed. That was years ago, I couldn't do it now, and I am not a germaphobe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaboudreaux

I don't really see a problem with it.

isra1986
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:19 AM

I hate it when people bring them to the beach. I do not like or trust dogs. If there is a dog there, we leave!

CoffeeK9
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:21 AM

I don't mind dogs playing in the lake with my kids. Its the parents job to keep the kids safe and the dog owners job to keep dogs safe. If everyone works together dogs and kids can play together safely in the lake.

Jellybean82
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:21 AM

As long as the dog was friendly and obedient, I wouldn't care.  Lake water is already disgusting, so my kids would go straight into the shower, anyway, when we got home, dog or no dog.

samthecat001
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:23 AM

if the beach or lake allows dogs then deal with it....or move to another area.
my dog LOVES swimming... i let him in any beach or lake that will allow him..BUT i am also considerate and generally try not to do so where there are all people and no other dogs.
AND...theres a lot more ick in the water than a little dog hair (and fyi they pee and poop on the shore... their legs are too busy working to swim so they dont pee or poo while swimming)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)