Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear John....

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:10 AM
  • 63 Replies

So I just watched that movie. O-M-G His rank was on his Class A's upside down for an entire scene. Maybe more...but that is when I noticed it. Seriously? lol. How do you miss that?!

Not a bad girly movie...but man....I was pretty dissapointed lol.

And yes...I know I am late. DH and I can't go see movies in the theater.....we have a 13 month old and a 2 month old lol.

Editing this to point out that I do know that their uniforms have to be slightly different. But in movies they tend ot make the differences more subtle. So when I saw this big upside down rank in the front of a camera shot...I thought it HAD to be an accident. I thought the difference would have been a bit more subtle.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Daynaof3
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:18 AM

I watched it, didn't care for the story at all.

aj23
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 12:22 AM

The book was 10000% better than the movie.
All movies have mistakes so something like the uniform doesn't bother me at all. I just think Amanda Seyfried wasn't the best choice for the role, her acting annoys me.

Army_Wife41
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:24 AM

It wouldn't have annoyed me...if it wasn't pretty much in a close up. And they kept cutting back and forth between Amanda Seyfried...and him.....and every time it would cut back, I was looking if it was fixed lol.

I don't know....the story was just kind of weird. It wasn't a terrible movie, but I am glad we didn;t go to the theaters for it. And yeah....she annoys me too lol.

Quoting aj23:

The book was 10000% better than the movie.
All movies have mistakes so something like the uniform doesn't bother me at all. I just think Amanda Seyfried wasn't the best choice for the role, her acting annoys me.

kylenkodysmom
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2010 at 3:08 AM
PLEASE read the book!!! It is waaaayyyy better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmyguys
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:32 AM
Heyyy I just watched that tonight too lol I fell asleep in the middle but caught the end. Eh it was ok I was expecting better. I don't mind her acting, but channing tatums acting is annoying to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_Wife41
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:58 AM

I don't really know if I would like the book better. The part of the movie that really irritated me...was that she left him for that guy because he "needed someone to care for him and Allan". I was like....seriously? So....if that is how it is in the book...I would read the whole thing just for the ending to irritate me lol.

Quoting kylenkodysmom:

PLEASE read the book!!! It is waaaayyyy better.

lcappytan05
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:59 AM

I read the book a few years ago and loved it...I rented the movie to watch in a bit...

tlkmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:59 AM

My husband is always noticing things like this on military uniforms.  He said that they are not allowed to portray it properly.  I can't remember why, but he points it out everytime he can!

momof2angels491
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:00 AM

I love the movie

Army_Wife41
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:01 AM

The rank thing will irritate you too. lol. It is messed up on his uniform for a hot minute....and it is just staring you in the face.

I might just be a bit OCD about it....my friend was like "well you are married to a guy in the Army...so of course you would pick the movie apart." I was like...no not really. I went into it with a very open mind....and that was the only thing that was obvious enough to catch my eye.

Quoting lcappytan05:

I read the book a few years ago and loved it...I rented the movie to watch in a bit...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)