• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can pee. TMI

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:14 AM
  • 7 Replies

I had my DD on January 27th of this year, it was a pretty long labor(27 hours)and 5 hours of pushing. I did get the epi....I was induced at 38 weeks due to having type one diabetes. Anyways....after I had her and they were telling me how important it was to get up and go pee as soon as I felt the urge so that my uterus could go back to place. Well I kept telling the nurses that I didn't feel the urge to pee and if I sat on the toilet to go I had to push it out, sort of like a bowel movement, they didn't believe me. They actually had someone come in and ask me why I was lying about not being able to feel the urge to pee.....I was not lying. I really couldn't feel it, at all. When I came home from the hospital I was still not able to feel the "urge" and would pee my pants a little when I would cough, sneeze, laugh, sit down....I told my OB about it at my 6 week appointment again and he said that he thought it would go away( I think he didn't believe me) so when he was doing the exam he said "you just peed on me!" OMFG how emberassing! Anyways at this point he knew I was not lying, so he refered me to a uroligist(SP?) I had to do a ton of very uncomfortable tests all for him to tell me that there was nothing physically wrong with my bladder and he had no words of advice for me. So that was about 2 months ago. WELL......starting this week I have been able to pee like a normal person half the time!!!!!!! I can feel it about 60 percent of the time and can start easy and just have to push the rest out. I know that this is random and tmi, but I had to share, I really thought that I would have this issue forever and it made me really upset. Now if I only knew what caused it so when I have another baby it wont happen again. Thanks for reading!!!!

I love my family...wife to Scott and momma to Chloe.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Melame68
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:16 AM

im gonna go on a limb and say the epidural. that sounds a lot like the type of nerve damage that i got from my epidural

brandiaubrey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Quoting Melame68:

im gonna go on a limb and say the epidural. that sounds a lot like the type of nerve damage that i got from my epidural

That is honestly what I was thinking! He came in and put in the epi and left....about an hour later I still didn't feel any relief and they said that I should have felt it a long time ago, so they had him come back in, and he said it slipped or something, so he did it again. My legs felt like they were on FIRE for the first 20 minutes and that was it. No relief. I don't think I will be getting one EVER again.

I love my family...wife to Scott and momma to Chloe.

ame4c
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:26 AM

sounds like good news and like it might be improving

good luck

ame4c

Please check out my group:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Moms_from_Dysfunctional_Families

brandiaubrey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:43 AM
Yes it is getting better!!! Hubby took me to dinner to celebrate and while eating I was like hold on...I gotta pee. Haven't felt/said that in 4 months. Lol. I'm a nerd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
82ndairbornewif
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:02 AM
Could be nerve damange. Since you were tested for other issues bladder wise that prob helped rule a lot out, I actually had a lot of those same symptoms and ended up having surgery and now am 100 percent better its amazing lol, but mine was determind from a pretty standard test at my OB.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandiaubrey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:51 AM
What was the test? And what was the surgery?

Quoting 82ndairbornewif:

Could be nerve damange. Since you were tested for other issues bladder wise that prob helped rule a lot out, I actually had a lot of those same symptoms and ended up having surgery and now am 100 percent better its amazing lol, but mine was determind from a pretty standard test at my OB.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyd4581
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Wow, that had to of been frustrating!  I'm glad you can feel that you need to pee now!  I have to admit, also, that I chuckled a little when you said that the doc said "omg you peed on me!"  :)

in love  toddler girl teen girl
Happily Married         Samantha               Lindsay
  May 23, 2009         June 7, 2006      August 24, 2003

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)