Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I start breastfeeding again??

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:11 AM
  • 9 Replies
My dd is six weeks old. When she was born I had severe anxiety and panic attacks. I had to be put on zanex and couldn't breastfeed. I then started taking birth control pills
I am on my non medicine pills right now, so is all that out of my system? How would I get my milk
back in? I do still have some coming out if I expell myself. Any help you can give me would be great. Also I am taking 40 mg of paxil daily, would this be a problem??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommy492006
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:11 AM

BUMP!

tennisgal
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:12 AM

You can re-lactate. Check out a breastfeeding group on here and kellymom.com for some great resources.

jjones0461
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:12 AM
Thank you.

Quoting tennisgal:

You can re-lactate. Check out a breastfeeding group on here and kellymom.com for some great resources.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lex07
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:14 AM

You need to ask a doc about the paxil.

jjones0461
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:15 AM
I looked it up and didn't find anything againts it. But I will talk to my doctor.

Quoting lex07:

You need to ask a doc about the paxil.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjones0461
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:16 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:18 AM

You should be able to nurse. We can help you in BREASTFEEDING MOMS!

breastfeeding.jpg breastfeeding image by evemarcelo     coexist.png coexist image by snowskichik            b209531870.jpg Pro Life image by bailey_has_adoptapox 

jjones0461
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:19 AM
Thank you.

Quoting catholicmamamia:

You should be able to nurse. We can help you in BREASTFEEDING MOMS!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virgobaby1978
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:20 AM

I took paxil while I was pregnant with my 2nd baby. It was supposed to be "safe while pregnant." Now I am involved in a lawsuit against them because it causes birth defects that involve the heart. Anyhow, I agree with the other ladies, I would talk to the dr. You can get your milk to produce again by taking fenugreek.

Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) is a plant in the family Fabaceae. Fenugreek is used both as an herb (the leaves) and as a spice (the seed). It is cultivated worldwide as a semi-arid crop. It is frequently used in curry.

Lactation

Fenugreek seeds are thought to be a galactagogue that is often used to increase milk supply in lactating women.[6] Because the maple syrup-like flavor is strong and not always liked, the seeds are ground to a powder and administered in capsules. Many lactating women who take fenugreek in the quantities required to increase their milk supply notice that their skin exudes a distinct "maple syrup" odor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)