Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have had your tounge pierced. UPDATE ****

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:14 AM
  • 42 Replies

So Im going Thursday to have my tounge pierced.... did it hurt? what exactly did it feel like to you? any advice on how to calm my nerves down... im really nervous

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!

DIDNT HURT AT ALL & I LOVE IT.

ok i wrote you but meant i love it!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bopanddomsmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:16 AM

feels kinda like you bite your tongue...then you drool alot lol. its really not bad at all...i got mine done when i was 15

crazyangel_52

i've had mine done since 2000. they numbed mine when they did it. since it was numb all i felt was the pressure from them pushing the needle through my tounge

.thickie.thick.
I've had mine done since I was 15 I'm 23 now. It didn't hurt...can't explain what it felt like lol...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LILY581

Nope didnt hurt at all its really fast and the needle just slips takes about 2 sec. so you wont even have time to get nervous lol good luck 

aydensmommy326
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:19 AM
nah it didnt hurt.... a lil sore n swollen after but the guy that did mine said it doesnt hurt so bad cause there are not that many nerves in the middle of your tounge
ballerina18
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Yes, I have my tounge pierced. I had it done back in 2006.

The initial piercing did not hurt, but when the man put in the ring it hurt a little. It felt like a needle was going through my tounge..but it was really the tounge ring. It's not that bad though!

I went and got a slushie after my piercing. That helped a lot with the swelling.

I ate a salad about 5 hours after I got my piercing...I thought it would be okay since it was just a salad, but it HURT to eat solid food! Stick with soup! LOL

Good luck and enjoy your new piercing!

pookie_1228
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:28 AM

All I felt any of the times I had it done (3 or 4 times, had to take it out for various reasons) was the pressure of the clamps.  I never felt any pain or anything.  It will be a little sore/swollen for a couple days after and you may talk a little funny but that's about it.  I've been told tylenol will prevent that but I've never actually tried it.

virgobaby1978
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:28 AM

I got my tounge pierced 7 years ago. The dude that did it was shocked cuz I didn't flinch at all. It really wasn't that bad at all. Just try to relax and put your mind on something else when you're getting it done.

emmiesmommy1109
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Well, if I told you my story, it wouldn't help. The guy who attempted to do mine botched a few tongue piercings in one day and was fired the next day. Michelle(one of the shop owners) told my to come back in 6 weeks and she'd re-do it for me. I got my nose done instead. Lol. For me, it was extremely painful(and I have 7 tattoos, my eyebrow pierced, had my lip pierced and 3 holes in each ear). For my BFF, it was nothing. It all depends on your pain threshold.

kavp84
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Quoting ballerina18:

I ate a salad about 5 hours after I got my piercing...I thought it would be okay since it was just a salad, but it HURT to eat solid food! Stick with soup! LOL

No... not soup! This is the perfect excuse to chow down on ice cream. :D

“If we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people to not kill each other? Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want.”

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)