Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think im getting a whiner as a son..

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:55 AM
  • 9 Replies

I'm not sure my son is 1 years old.. and for the past 2 weeks he's started whining, complaining more and everything.. So i'm not sure if this is natural or i should be doing something about it. but don't know what.. or if it's just mother nature?? HELP ladies.. the whining sound is annoying.. GRR..

by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ballerina18
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:58 AM

It is completely normal/ natural. Your son is too young to want to "annoy you". He is probably just looking for attention.

mitty18
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 2:02 AM

Get used to it you'll here whining for the next seventeen years  LOL...

dababiesdreams
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:03 AM
he's hit the want attention and will do anything stage. Not alot u can do but try to involve him in what u r doing or talk to him while u r doing it. After the start talking and learn whining gets a reaction usually around 2-3 then you can start with "i can't hear u if u r whining like that lets use our big kid voice so i can understand u and help u" before that age whining is a part of getting to know their sound range and getting attention. Some take longer to out grow it then others
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acaisha
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:04 AM

I concur.. as a mom of four boys.. the rule is "boys whine and girls squeel" ..

Quoting mitty18:

Get used to it you'll here whining for the next seventeen years  LOL...

~I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe~

~The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard~

mstricey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:04 AM

My son is a whiner...has been since he was born lol he's 3 now

JesusFreak3345
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:05 AM

My son's been doing the same thing, he's also started the kicking and screaming tantrums ugh

nemiller
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:10 AM

my son started whining more and more at about 18 months and now there's points where he'll be sitting in the living room just whining.  i'll ask him (in a normal voice) what's wrong, and he dissolves into all-out tears.  it's to the point where i just ignore it.  if he wants something, i tell him to use his words.  until he DOES use his words, i don't respond to him.

*eta* i should add my son is 2-1/2.  before he had the words to explain to me what was wrong, i would ask him yes or no questions until i figured out what he needed.

mobilemom0608
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:12 AM

Quoting ballerina18:

It is completely normal/ natural. Your son is too young to want to "annoy you". He is probably just looking for attention.

I agree. my son is 23 months, and still whines.. I doubt they do it just to annoy their parents.. Yours sounds too young to maybe be talking.. maybe he wants something? 

mama_2_jasper
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:13 AM

MAybe he is teething, or growing. Mine gets into whiney moods that last for like a week at a time, he's 18 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)