Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you do it often enough??

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:31 AM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: How often do you clean the floors in your house?

Options:

More than once a day

Once a day

Every other day

Every 3-4 days

Every 5-6 days

Once a week

Less than once a week

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

How often to you have to vacuum/sweep and mop the floors in your house? I only have a chihuahua for a pet, who sheds a minimal amount, but it's my daughter who makes huge messes on the carpets! Tiny shreds of paper, crumbs she drags around, the list goes on. I almost need to vacuum and sweep twice a day!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiralyn
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:32 AM

I usually vacuum everyday..but I only sweep and swiffer like twice a week.

queenamy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:36 AM

we have dark hardwood floors

so its really something thats done a couple or few times a day.

Cozmyk84
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:38 AM

Well there should be 2 different questions here.. how often do you HAVE too.. and how often DO YOU lol...

I have 2 cats (1 short hair, 1 medium hair) and then a chocolate lab mix that sheds like crazy... It seems no matter how often I vacumn, sweep, steam the floors.. they end up looking like crap within 24 hours! I can never get rid of my animals but YEESH it's hard to keep up with them and my 6 week old DS.

~*~ Lovin' bein' a mommy to Jayden Edward - 4/13/10 ~*~

When life gives you lemons, I squirt the juice in life's face!

LaDanseuse
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:42 AM

My parents have this problem. They have 2 big black dogs, and light hardwood floors. (WHITE tile in the kitchen!!) They have one heck of a time keeping up with the hair. My SO HATES animal hair at all - but like I said we only have a chihuahua and she has short hair and it's barely visible, only when she lays in one spot on the couch for a day - so I just vacuum it up before he gets home most the time so I don't hear any complaining :) heheh

Quoting Cozmyk84:

Well there should be 2 different questions here.. how often do you HAVE too.. and how often DO YOU lol...

I have 2 cats (1 short hair, 1 medium hair) and then a chocolate lab mix that sheds like crazy... It seems no matter how often I vacumn, sweep, steam the floors.. they end up looking like crap within 24 hours! I can never get rid of my animals but YEESH it's hard to keep up with them and my 6 week old DS.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Cozmyk84
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Yea and the tile we have sucks because you can see the pawprints from my dog.. so it's just a PITA! Can't wait to add a crawling baby to the mix... ::sigh:: lol Then I'll REALLY have to clean like every hour!

Quoting LaDanseuse:

My parents have this problem. They have 2 big black dogs, and light hardwood floors. (WHITE tile in the kitchen!!) They have one heck of a time keeping up with the hair. My SO HATES animal hair at all - but like I said we only have a chihuahua and she has short hair and it's barely visible, only when she lays in one spot on the couch for a day - so I just vacuum it up before he gets home most the time so I don't hear any complaining :) heheh

Quoting Cozmyk84:

~*~ Lovin' bein' a mommy to Jayden Edward - 4/13/10 ~*~

When life gives you lemons, I squirt the juice in life's face!

mbaker331
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:12 AM

i chose less than once a week.  cause i leav it for my MIL she owns two dogs and they make way more hair than my cats.  I do the kitchen just about everyday and the bath rooms.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 9:09 AM

We have a labrador, 2 kids &  a pool.  Our yard is a muddy mess when it rains.  Much of the time, my kitchen floor looks like someone was murdered. 

luv2wahm
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:28 AM

We clean our floors at least 2 times a day..we have pets and if we didn't, it would get out of control.

mysteriousmom06
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:30 AM

I vacuum & mop every other day but I have to sweep the kitchen & living room(harwood) every day

mommas3cubs
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Every day the living room gets vacuumed, by me, the kitchen floor gets mopped by me. Everyday the dining room area rug gets vacuumed by the boys 3 times a day, after breakfast, after lunch( on days when they don't have school) and after dinner, that is one of their chores they each vacuum after a meal, because they are the ones that make the biggest mess. Bedrooms get vaccumed, 2 times a week and the dining room where the area rug isn't gets mopped 2 times a week. Did that make any sense what so ever?

wedding websites

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)