Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont want to leave my little boy:(

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:31 AM
  • 10 Replies

Sooooooo my life has come to a stand still.....

My boyfriend and i currently live with my mom. We are planning to move out soon and get a little place of our own with our beautiful 2 month old son, but thats easer said than done seeing as i dont have a job. And seeing as im still breastfeeding DS im scared if i leave him my milk will dry up an i wont be able breastfeed. 

I figure i could find something online so i wont haveto leave my beautiful little boy.

I have no idea how to go about this. Does anyone know anything about working from home or online?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dababiesdreams
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:37 AM
i too am looking for an online job but if u were to work out of the home u can pump and breastfeed. pumping while at work and then breastfeeding when u r with him can be very effective. I did this a while with my 2nd child...then when i got tired of pumping at work i started just feeding in the evenings and over night with formula during the day. MANY MANY women work and breastfeed full or part time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raiden311
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:47 AM

Quoting dababiesdreams:

i too am looking for an online job but if u were to work out of the home u can pump and breastfeed. pumping while at work and then breastfeeding when u r with him can be very effective. I did this a while with my 2nd child...then when i got tired of pumping at work i started just feeding in the evenings and over night with formula during the day. MANY MANY women work and breastfeed full or part time.

that sounds like a good idea but every time i pump i feel like its lessening my milk. The more i nurse him, the more milk i have but when i pump i feel like the next time i feed him hes really frustrated because im not giving him enough milk. Plus he HATES the bottle

Have you had any luck looking for work at home?

dalene66
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:50 AM

JUST KEEP PUMPING.....YOU MAY NOT BE PUMPING ENOUGH.  GOOD LUCK

MioriLane
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:58 AM

Quoting raiden311:

Quoting dababiesdreams:

that sounds like a good idea but every time i pump i feel like its lessening my milk. The more i nurse him, the more milk i have but when i pump i feel like the next time i feed him hes really frustrated because im not giving him enough milk. Plus he HATES the bottle

Have you had any luck looking for work at home?

I had problems with production when pumping, too.  My youngest completely refused bottles.  We couldn't get her to take anything but breast until she was 7 months and we found a soft spout sippy cup.  Luckily, I was in college and teaching labs, so I didn't have to be gone for very long at a time.

I've been looking for online work, too, but it's tricky.  There are a lot of scams and almost scams out there, and most of the real jobs expect you to have set, predicable schedules and quiet environments... hah! Not likely in my house.

Landynsmom62609
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:04 AM

k well this isnt really a job but just some extra cash, the website is called youdata.com ive been doing this for about a month now it takes like 2mins at the most every day and on fridays they deposit the money into your paypal account. All you do is click on a button that says show ads then click redeem (however much it shows, its different every day) its only like $1-2 a day but easy extra cash like $14 a week (not much but it helps) otherwise i havent found any other legit work at home jobs, i wish!!

Katharine1229
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:20 AM

try pumping after your feeding...then you won't feel like your supply has been decreased

if you pump while at work, it definately won't be decreased because he won't be near you to eat.

I exclusively pump, and its a chore, and no fun, but if you are as serious about your baby getting breast milk as I am its well worth it!

I would love to find and at home job too...I just can't fathom the thought of leaving my little man...

raiden311
by on May. 27, 2010 at 4:44 AM

saaaweeeet thank you!

Quoting Landynsmom62609:

k well this isnt really a job but just some extra cash, the website is called youdata.com ive been doing this for about a month now it takes like 2mins at the most every day and on fridays they deposit the money into your paypal account. All you do is click on a button that says show ads then click redeem (however much it shows, its different every day) its only like $1-2 a day but easy extra cash like $14 a week (not much but it helps) otherwise i havent found any other legit work at home jobs, i wish!!

raiden311
by on May. 27, 2010 at 4:45 AM

how old is your son?

Quoting Katharine1229:

try pumping after your feeding...then you won't feel like your supply has been decreased

if you pump while at work, it definately won't be decreased because he won't be near you to eat.

I exclusively pump, and its a chore, and no fun, but if you are as serious about your baby getting breast milk as I am its well worth it!

I would love to find and at home job too...I just can't fathom the thought of leaving my little man...

Landynsmom62609
by on May. 27, 2010 at 4:59 AM

your welcome! ive been lucky enough to stay home with my son for almost a year now (he will be 1 on June 26th!) but running out of money now so i gotta find a job too

raiden311
by on May. 27, 2010 at 5:28 AM

i signed up for that thing and its pretty cool. you get another dollar if you suggest it to somebody. you should have given me your link so i could give you a dollar

Quoting Landynsmom62609:

your welcome! ive been lucky enough to stay home with my son for almost a year now (he will be 1 on June 26th!) but running out of money now so i gotta find a job too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)