• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were to kill your best friend, how would you apologise?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:55 AM
  • 7 Replies

http://www.fullapologies.com/

I found this site on youtube. There are a few stories of young people who either assisted in some way of distracted diving (drinking, drugs, texting) and the end result was a death of another person. they have posted their stories in an attempt to stop another tragic accident from happening.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nessy1980
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:55 AM

Ummmm I wouldnt kill anyone unless they killed one of my kids.

turtletastik
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:01 AM

That's so sad to have to live with such guilt.. I really don't know how I would apologize. It's good they are taking a proactive attitude with this to have others learn from their mistakes.

NMShore
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:03 AM

I actually seen a situation like this on In session. A teenage girl and her BFF were out at a party and drunk. She thought she was ok to drive. Well she ended up wrecking and killing her BFF. You could see in her face it was hurting her big time. I know she didnt intentionally kill her bff on purpose. Being young and immature (not to mention in a state of where she wasnt thinking clearly) caused a life changing event for everyone around her.I can't remember the outcome of the story. But I do know this is something she will live with for the rest of her life and it will haunt her. I know it sure would me too.

katiebugg319
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:17 AM

I'm not going to go into detail, but I know someone close to me who was drinking and driving one night.. He hit someone.. right down the road from my house.. As i said.. i'm not going into detail. i don't want people to bash.. It was the worse night of his life. I've been through a lot.. but i can honestly say it was the worst night of my life as well..  There is NO apology big enough.. NO change big enough.. to make up for killing anyone.. not to their family.. not to your own family not to them.. and not to yourself.. I hate that it hit me so close to home. but at the same time i'm thankful it did. i'm still not over it and it's been 2 years. i HATE that it happened. i HATE knowing that it was my friend, who's like a brother to me, who did this.. but i don't think ANYONE can understand the enormity of this situation unless they've been in this situation or had this happen to a loved one.. someone close. There is no apology big enough.. there just isn't..

ETA:: if anyone honestly would like to know what happened you can PM me.. but as i said, i don't want to post it all here. I'm truly not over it.. and I don't feel like reading any bashing that may come, any rude opinions.. etc..

turtletastik
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:21 AM

I 100% agree with you that there is no apology big enough...but what do you think of the fact they are trying to stop other people to make their same mistakes?

Quoting katiebugg319:

I'm not going to go into detail, but I know someone close to me who was drinking and driving one night.. He hit someone.. right down the road from my house.. As i said.. i'm not going into detail. i don't want people to bash.. It was the worse night of his life. I've been through a lot.. but i can honestly say it was the worst night of my life as well..  There is NO apology big enough.. NO change big enough.. to make up for killing anyone.. not to their family.. not to your own family not to them.. and not to yourself.. I hate that it hit me so close to home. but at the same time i'm thankful it did. i'm still not over it and it's been 2 years. i HATE that it happened. i HATE knowing that it was my friend, who's like a brother to me, who did this.. but i don't think ANYONE can understand the enormity of this situation unless they've been in this situation or had this happen to a loved one.. someone close. There is no apology big enough.. there just isn't..

ETA:: if anyone honestly would like to know what happened you can PM me.. but as i said, i don't want to post it all here. I'm truly not over it.. and I don't feel like reading any bashing that may come, any rude opinions.. etc..

katiebugg319
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:30 AM

I think it's great that people are trying to stop others from making the same mistakes.. but there's no way to stop everyone.. and i hate to say that.. i really do. I wish i WISH they would take a few of these people from prison.. convicted for drinking and driving ETC.. bring them into a school, handcuffed and all.. and let them tell their stories face to face i wish they would bring in both sides.. maybe then at least the high school kids could SEE how much this has hurt both sides. I'll be honest, I NEVER thought of any of this in highschool, i NEVER sat down and REALLY thought about how it affected people until i saw it.. right there.. down the street from me. It's something that NEEDS to be talked about more seriously in schools as well.. but atleast these people are trying to help.

Quoting turtletastik:

I 100% agree with you that there is no apology big enough...but what do you think of the fact they are trying to stop other people to make their same mistakes?

Quoting katiebugg319:

nemiller
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:37 AM

i don't think that there's anything i could do where i felt like i'd apologized enough, especially if it was a result of me doing something i could have prevented.  i'd be preaching to anybody who'd listen about not screwing around when you're driving a weapon on wheels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)