Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not again.....ughhhhhhh

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:18 AM
  • 11 Replies

This is like the 5th time this year that my 2 yr old has gotten an ear infection.....and 2 of those times it was in both ears. He is awake right now and understandably miserable. I put the drops in his ears that is supposed to numb it from the last time he had the infection, and then gave him some motrin so I am waiting for that to kick it. I have to be up in like 5 hours for work and I haven't slept yet.....I am thinking he is going to end up having to get tubes in his ears.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nemiller
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:21 AM

i used to get double ear infections all the time, and it was horrible.  i never got tubes in my ears and i don't know why.  but if that would help, i think that would be better than him having to deal with this so often.  although, those numbing drops are a freaking godsend, so at least you have those for now.  hope your little guy feels better soon!

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 4:23 AM

I love these drops lol

Quoting nemiller:

i used to get double ear infections all the time, and it was horrible.  i never got tubes in my ears and i don't know why.  but if that would help, i think that would be better than him having to deal with this so often.  although, those numbing drops are a freaking godsend, so at least you have those for now.  hope your little guy feels better soon!

my3boys0710
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:23 AM
I had the so bad my ear drum broke horrible ... poor baby at least he tells u tho I never cried so my mom didnt know that's why mine broke
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chiquis
by Diamond Member on May. 26, 2010 at 4:23 AM

Sorry mama hope he feels better asap.

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 4:25 AM

I know he has them cause he tugs on his ears and says owwie owwie

the drops and tylenol have worked and he is out for now! yay lol

Quoting my3boys0710:

I had the so bad my ear drum broke horrible ... poor baby at least he tells u tho I never cried so my mom didnt know that's why mine broke

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 4:26 AM

Thanks

Quoting chiquis:

Sorry mama hope he feels better asap.

blindfoldedlady
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:29 AM

My daughter just went through that. She got tubes in her ears today. She was scary, her fever would shoot up from normal to like 103 or 104 in a matter of hours. I just hope this makes the ear infections stop.

My daughter never had ear infections before this year, either. And oh yea, it wasn't that bad. Took them like 15 minutes to do the actual surgery. Whether it helps though, remains to be seen. I'm right there with ya, though. :(

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 5:10 AM

He has an apt with his pedi next week so I  am hoping they refer me to someone to get this taken care of!

Quoting blindfoldedlady:

My daughter just went through that. She got tubes in her ears today. She was scary, her fever would shoot up from normal to like 103 or 104 in a matter of hours. I just hope this makes the ear infections stop.

My daughter never had ear infections before this year, either. And oh yea, it wasn't that bad. Took them like 15 minutes to do the actual surgery. Whether it helps though, remains to be seen. I'm right there with ya, though. :(

JenB1983
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:14 AM

Poor little guy!

lcappytan05
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:27 AM

I had tubes in my ears when I was little because I kept getting ear infections.

I still get them if I go swimming...but other than that, I haven't had one since I was about 4 or so and I'm 23 now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)