Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I AM PISSED!!!! Updated

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:48 AM
  • 11 Replies

Took my son to the dentist Yesterday. I spent 300 on Army dental insurance in copays on the work that idiot did.

Know where I've been since midnight... The F***ing ER. Yep he has an absessed tooth. 

Oh and it is the one I originally took him in for. That idiot didn't pull the damn tooth just told him to keep wiggling it.

So we left there at 5. By 11pm He is screaming bloody murder. His whole face is swolen.

I can't sleep I'm so mad. I'm sitting here just WAITING for their office to open in three hours. 

Damn this makes me mad!

Vent over. Thanks. 

So after spending the whole night awake I was on the phone as soon as their office opened. I wasn't nice. They had me bring him right in and he saw another dentist in the same office. Apparently they did x rays yesterday and she showed me where there was no infection at that time. She was shocked at how bad his mouth was this morning.

They had to put him right to sleep and then spent three hours cleaning his gums of infection and getting the tooth out. One of the roots went all the way to the adult tooth roots and wrapped around it. He may lose the adult tooth but we have to wait and see.

His mouth is tore up and he is bleeding a lot. I had to pay for the anesthesia (sp? sorry I'm too tired to care) but they charged off everything else.

He is in a lot of pain still but better than it was. I'll be up all day watching him since my husband isn't here. He should be recovered by tomorrow. Thanks for the support.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tomatoqueen
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:51 AM

I am sorry for your child's pain. I have 8 broken teeth an no dental insurance. Tooth pain is the worst.

It is really sad that the dr failed to address the reason you took your child in. Give him hell.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 5:04 AM

Was it an Army dentist?   Bf goes through the VA for all his care and the dentists there are known for shoddy work.  He has had issues with certain teeth and the dentist wont believe him.

sherry132
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 5:11 AM

No it was a civilian dentist, my son is only 11. But this dentist is about drive me crazy. I've only kept going to her because I've been able to find a different dentist in our area.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Was it an Army dentist?   Bf goes through the VA for all his care and the dentists there are known for shoddy work.  He has had issues with certain teeth and the dentist wont believe him.

BlessedFamily8
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:20 AM

That happened to my dd only they pulled it since it was a baby tooth he had missed the abscess on the X-Ray she ended up with a soft tissue infection in her cheek, eye and it was entering the brain She spent a week in ICU very scary ! I hope your son feels better soon !!!

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 5:21 AM

Give her hell tomorrow. Find another dentist for your child to go to. I would be pissed too.

Quoting sherry132:

No it was a civilian dentist, my son is only 11. But this dentist is about drive me crazy. I've only kept going to her because I've been able to find a different dentist in our area.

Quoting frndlyfn:

sherry132
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 5:28 AM

The ER doctor started giving me hell about bringing him in. He said, "he needs a dentist not a doctor."

I looked at him and said "He was at the dentist at 5pm today and she said he was fine. So why don't you do the damn job you are paid for and stop being a jerk about it."

Christ, everything is a fight anymore. No one wants to do their damn job.

And he goes to the dentist about every 6 weeks right now because his baby teeth don't just fall out. They have to be pulled. All of his grown up teeth are all the sudden coming in. This is the third absess he has had since April 1st. I'm really very angry and I don't think I can be nice anymore.

Quoting BlessedFamily8:

That happened to my dd only they pulled it since it was a baby tooth he had missed the abscess on the X-Ray she ended up with a soft tissue infection in her cheek, eye and it was entering the brain She spent a week in ICU very scary ! I hope your son feels better soon !!!

JessA640
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:32 AM

I would be going in there and telling them what I think of them. And make them give me a refund on my money!

blindfoldedlady
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:32 AM

So stop being nice!!! I wouldn't be nice anymore, after all this bullshit. Give 'em hell, woman! They sure deserve it. >:[

Quoting sherry132:

The ER doctor started giving me hell about bringing him in. He said, "he needs a dentist not a doctor."

I looked at him and said "He was at the dentist at 5pm today and she said he was fine. So why don't you do the damn job you are paid for and stop being a jerk about it."

Christ, everything is a fight anymore. No one wants to do their damn job.

And he goes to the dentist about every 6 weeks right now because his baby teeth don't just fall out. They have to be pulled. All of his grown up teeth are all the sudden coming in. This is the third absess he has had since April 1st. I'm really very angry and I don't think I can be nice anymore.

Quoting BlessedFamily8:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 5:32 AM

Quoting sherry132:

Quoting frndlyfn:

OH that would burn my biscuits to put a child through that.   How could she miss an abscess(sp) ?  I hope you find a better dentist for the child.

I had that happen to me. A dentist that took my insurance chose to pull a tooth before fixing the cavities i had resulting in 1 root canal and 3 caps/crowns which could have been avoided.

J4mii3
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:34 AM

This happened to my little brother. He got a VERY bad infection and my mom sued the dentist. The dentist had to pay for all medical costs regarding my brothers teeth & infection, plus pain & suffering & lost wages for my mom [She had to keep taking off work to take my brother to the ER & doctors.]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)