Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know anyone who was murdered?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:38 AM
  • 170 Replies

Have u ever lost a loved one or friend to a murder?  Did they catch the killer?

In 2003 my cousin was murdered. She lived in Naples, Florida. She had went out to a club with some friends and left with a guy she had gone on a few dates with before. Before my aunt even knew she was murdered she got a phone call from the guy's mom, and she said "Do you know your daughter is dead?  I really hope my son didn't do it" 

Later on police found her body, she was missing an arm. They haven't been able to find the guy who murdered her though. They are trying to find the guy she left with (the one who's mom called)  but they haven't been able to find him.

Anyone else?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2010 at 6:43 AM

My grandmother (father's mother).

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our children that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

strongerthanB4
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:46 AM

My friend Misty was stabbed to death by her husband, while her kids were in their room sleeping. He stabbed her 78 times for saying she wanted to leave him. For years I thought she was alive and well, I found out what happened almost 4 years after her death. I want to get a teardrop tat on me in her memory.

anetrnlov
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:48 AM

One of my childhood friend's was murdered.  He wouldn't serve the guy because he already had an outstanding bar tab that needed paid...they guy threw a fit but left.  He came back, gun in hand...shot Mike and several others.

Yes, they caught him.  He will spend his life (hopefully) in a mental facility for criminals.  He's schizophrenic and wasn't taking his meds.  Not the sentence we want but what can ya do.

mamaoftwins9197
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:49 AM

Luckily no one in my family has been murdered, but I have lost several friends that way.  One was killed by his "friends" and left on his mom's doorstep.  Another was shot in the back by his "girlfriend" after he caught her cheating on him.  An aquintance was murdered by two 14-year olds that flipped out and tried to dispose of his body by chopping it up with a chainsaw and eventually lighting it on fire...this one made national news when one of the suspects fled to Israel and has not been able to be extradited...it's been close to 10 years, I believe.  I also know through the business (cars) one of the DC sniper victims.

ETA-The ones who killed my first friend were never caught...happened in a shady neighborhood where people don't talk to the police.

The girlfriend was caught, but got off on self-defense, even though she shot him 6 times in the back.

The other suspect that didn't flee killed himself in jail before trial.

And the DC sniper was executed last year...the younger one is incarcerated for the rest of his life.

CafeMom Tickers
Momof2MixdBoyz
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:51 AM

Yes... my fiance was murdered by his ex-girlfriend and her brother.... we were 6 months from our wedding and just found out that I was 2 1/2 months pregnant.... she went crazy and her and her brother shot him once in the temple and another time in the back of his neck while he was at a corner sitting in the car he bought me...

after flipping out and starving myself and being depressed I ended up losing the baby... what would have been his first and only child....

she and her brother are now in jail for 25+ years..... but I will NEVER have him back.... and because of them I also lost our child.... I blame myself for not being stronger but I don't think anyone could truely be 100% strong for the death of a loved one to that caliber!

fairysurreale
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:52 AM

A friend of my family was killed Christmas Eve, about 15 years ago.  He was my father's best friend and an honorary uncle to us kids.  We found out Christmas day that he died.

He was beaten to death.  The police never caught his killer but had a couple of suspects.  His girlfriend and her supposed ex husband.  There just wasn't enough evidence to convict them.

Butter331
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:57 AM

One of my uncles was murdered, it wasn't the first attempt on his life. It was drug related and no one was caught.

MikeysMom51108
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:57 AM

Two people. They're more "acquaintances" though I suppose since I had only met them a handful of times.

It was my mom's boyfriend's dad and sister. The sister had been dating some guy, and she broke up with him because he was abusive. He went to the dad's house (where sister was staying), and shot both of them. She had 3 young boys, and thankfully they were out shopping with her mom because he has said that he intended to kill them as well.

He was caught, and he's since been convicted. I don't think he's been sentenced yet though.

Tracyrae
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:58 AM

My cousin and her best friend were sleeping over at her house and the neighbor (who had been dishonorably discharged from the army for assulting a woman with a barbell) had been watching her and knew when her parents werent there.  He cut the wires to the phone, snuck in while my cousin Jen was showering, took Sarah, put her in the trunk, came back for Jen.  Jen fought like crazy. The bathroom was trashed. Even soap dish pulled out of the wall.  He put them both in the trunk and toook them up to a cabin where he tortured them and lived out every sick fantasy he had then spread thier body parks through a 3 county radius. They caught him, he killed himself in jail and left a note blaming everyone else for taking his son's father away.  F*&ker.....  I'd have thrown the switch myself.

ColtonKeatonMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:03 AM

One of the bus drivers from HS. I'll see if I can find her story. I worked in the office, we were getting calls like crazy from mother's who's children were not picked up from their homes. We didn't know what was going on. No one could reach her. Then the SRO heard about a hostage situation and we just knew it was her, but were praying it wasn't.

Her husband had fired a shot that got neighbors to call 911. After 3 hours (after the first shot, he was holding her longer than that) he shot and killed her then shot and killed himself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)