Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom's of boys AND girls...who's easier to potty train?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:43 AM
  • 7 Replies

I've heard all along that boys are easier, but my family has always been the opposite.  While neither of my twins are easy to train, by any means, DS seems to be picking it up (he's been telling us when he has to poop and actually pooping on the potty), but DD doesn't even seem interested...GRRRRR.

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on May. 26, 2010 at 6:51 AM

All my kids were different.  My oldest ds was next to near impossible, my 2 nd oldest dd was potty trained in less than a week.  My youngest ds  took about a month to be fully potty trained and my youngest dd took a matter of 2 weeks. 

Samantha_1629
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:54 AM

I'm in the process of potty training my son. So far I'd say he's a little harder because he wants to take his potty chair apart and doesn't sit still very long. My daughter was more calm and sat quietly until she peed.

ArmyGal
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2010 at 6:56 AM

Just depends on the child. I potty trained three youngins, one boy and two girls. One of the girls was the hardest and the other girl was the easiest.

Shaylyn318
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:15 AM

My dd was easier. She was fully trained a little after her third birthday. She would wake up dry. We had extra pull ups of hers that we used on DS. DS is almost 4 and still has accidents.

PTBAAMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:16 AM

My son used the potty twice last night!  It really wasn't a hastle at all, he just came and told me he needed to go...he is 22 months old.

ncmommyof3
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:18 AM

I have one boy and two girls and each was different.  My son was very easy to train and my middle daughter basically trained herself lol and my youngest daughter was awful to train! I didn't think she'd ever use the potty

Melamma
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:19 AM

I personally think that my son was easier to train than my daughter. And my son potty trained faster as well. And then teaching him to pee standing up was even easier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)