• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for you knowledgeable ladies about food stamps. (Not meant to cause problems, just a simple question)

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:58 AM
  • 16 Replies

Do you ladies know if specialty cakes from the bakery at Walmart or the grocery store can be purchased with food stamps?  I know you can't buy hot food or food to be eaten in the store, but is a cake considered hot food?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Love2HateMe
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:05 AM

yes you can buy the cakes 

orcadarwin
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:22 AM

Even the birthday cakes that you order?

Quoting Love2HateMe:

yes you can buy the cakes 

ColtonKeatonMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:22 AM

Yes, you can buy the cakes, even with the kits. I've had to do it in the past. Acutally my youngest sons birthday is the first cake ordered that I've bought with cash. It was a proud moment for me considering just at Christmas my kids were wearing shoes too small and clothes that looked like trash because I couldn't afford anything better.

sarasloveable
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:25 AM
Yes you can
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orcadarwin

It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?  Usually, I make their birthday cakes, but my son's birthday is in about 3 weeks, and we are in the middle of building a house with Habitat, so I'm over there a lot.  So, I don't have the time this year to make his cake.  And we don't really have the cash this time.  Thanks for answering.

Quoting ColtonKeatonMom:

Yes, you can buy the cakes, even with the kits. I've had to do it in the past. Acutally my youngest sons birthday is the first cake ordered that I've bought with cash. It was a proud moment for me considering just at Christmas my kids were wearing shoes too small and clothes that looked like trash because I couldn't afford anything better.

orcadarwin

Thanks ladies.

savannahnhi
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:26 AM

I would not know.

strongerthanB4
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:27 AM

yep you sure can

ColtonKeatonMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:29 AM

You're welcome. It's great that there is the help out there, but I was embarrassed to use it, not because I needed it, but because there are so many out there who abuse it, I didn't want to be lumped in with those. Good luck with everything. And..

Happy Birthday to your little man.

Quoting orcadarwin:

It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?  Usually, I make their birthday cakes, but my son's birthday is in about 3 weeks, and we are in the middle of building a house with Habitat, so I'm over there a lot.  So, I don't have the time this year to make his cake.  And we don't really have the cash this time.  Thanks for answering.

Quoting ColtonKeatonMom:

MPWifeJessicia
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:29 AM

Quoting sarasloveable:

Yes you can

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)